• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to make disc golf practice fun?

What are your favourite drills?
Backyard putting 4 days a week minimum, I get out to the field at least 2-3 days/week and hit trees and play on a course at least a couple as well.

How often do you practice?
I pick up a disc 5 days a week at least

What percentage of your time is dedicated to practice versus playing a round?
Probably 75%

Do you believe you should be practicing more? If so, how much more?
Absolutely, but middle age won't allow it, I have to compromise. I could easily increase by 33% more if my body would allow it.

If you aren't practicing as much as you would like, what is holding you back?
Age/chronic pain

Would you practice more if you had a tailored training plan with regular reminders and incentives for keeping your practice streak alive?
Not applicable, I'm ridiculously self motivated and have been training in some sort of athletic matter since I was 10.

Would you be interested receiving lessons from pros? If so, how much would you expect to or be willing to pay for a single lesson?
No

Would you be interested in getting personalised motivational messages from your favourite pros? (to give you the extra motivation to practice that week, to get you psyched before a tournament round, etc.)
That would be fun but really not necessary for me.

What disc golf resources do you feel are missing or hard to find?
Bill Fleming's post above hit the nail on the head

Last edited:
1. I hear you there. Ive been working 6 12's for the past 7 years, finding any time on the weekend is hard.

2. Interested to hear what you mean by a holistic view.

So there is a ton of disc golf instruction out there, but the bulk of it is in quick tip form.

So I watch Uli tell me to grip my disc a certain way. And he tells me to make sure that my hand is on the outside of the disc. Then Nate Perkins tells me to make sure my hand is almost behind the disc and to the outside. Then the Lat 64 guy tells me to unlock a door. Someone else tells me to pour coffee. Then I watch Page Pierce tell me to not reach back to the point where my throwing shoulder goes past my non-throwing shoulder. Then I watch Will Shusterick tell me to reach back as far as I can. Then I watch Feldberg tell me to kick my back foot backwards to force myself to follow thru. And so forth.

I haven't really found a ton of stuff that really tells you how all this stuff works together.

The more I have to pull out my phone, the less fun I'm likely to have.

I'm not trying to discourage the OP and it sounds like a cool idea, but as an old codger I find I don't need an app for everything.

I know this isn't the feedback to the questions asked, but I just thought I'd give another perspective. Best of luck though.

Latest posts