• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hucker Magazine

One difference between website content and magazine content, might be that a magazine focus on stories of lasting value. Give people a reason to keep the magazine around. Stay away from things that will be out-of-date in 9 months---and especially things that will be out-of-date when the magazine hits the mailbox.

That, and Slider's suggestions, which were excellent.

One difference between website content and magazine content, might be that a magazine focus on stories of lasting value. Give people a reason to keep the magazine around. Stay away from things that will be out-of-date in 9 months---and especially things that will be out-of-date when the magazine hits the mailbox.

That, and Slider's suggestions, which were excellent.

agreed! maybe something like in-depth stories of pro experiences. Like how Will S. felt when he got a 2 penalty stroke at the 2013 Memorial for the final round for not writing down his final score. They took down the youtube vid of how Will was looking and you can tell his heart dropped and couldn't believe what just happened. That would be a great thrilling story to hear his experiences on that or even other people's experiences of that. Heart pounding stories of final missed putts and how the last two holes just turned the tide and history was written...not in your favor = ) Maybe Barry Shultz's experience at the USDGC and how only one hole is what made the differnce...damn hole 888 (he did tie for second though)!!!

lol

How about some disc golf cartoons every so often, cartoon jokes, or just dg jokes.

I like throwing the hyzer roller = )

Has anyone ever read Juice magazine? It's a skate mag that's all really long, in depth interviews with skaters, pool builders, surfers, and musicians. All interviews, nothing else. That's what I want in a DG mag... interviews are geniunely interesting, everything else is pretty much pointless.

Has anyone ever read Juice magazine? It's a skate mag that's all really long, in depth interviews with skaters, pool builders, surfers, and musicians. All interviews, nothing else. That's what I want in a DG mag... interviews are geniunely interesting, everything else is pretty much pointless.

I don't know about everything else being pointless. But if they are going to do what you like, they definitely have to have the right person to do the interview, similar to how the Disc Golf Guy is, he knows the sport and has fun interviewing and can ask the right questions and in depth questions if he so chose to. I think the Disc Golf Monthly commentators would ask great questions.

As someone that works in print, I can appreciate the challenge these guys have taken up. It's not easy, and the DG community is certainly enthusiastic.

Surprised this wasn't posted here today, but apparently the shirts people ordered are being delayed because that money went to printing the magazine. So, I guess it's good that they got the product out...but there are still people who have invested who haven't gotten everything they paid for.

Surprised this wasn't posted here today, but apparently the shirts people ordered are being delayed because that money went to printing the magazine. So, I guess it's good that they got the product out...but there are still people who have invested who haven't gotten everything they paid for.
So wait... do people actually have this magazine in hand?

One of the first rules of business is to under promise and over deliver. I wish these guys luck but it interesting the way other dg companies have been villified on this site and the magazine has gotten a pass.

I received mine. And I got my shirt before Christmas.
awesome. one confirmed magazine in the hands of a customer.

i'm half-amazed there aren't a bunch of insanely over-the-top glowing reviews being posted by all the white knights on this board.

Got my magazine last night. Shirt was around Christmas time. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but the pages are a nice heavy stock.

The magazine is really high quality. The pages are heavy weight, and the photos looks nice.

I'm quite pleased with it.

You of all people should know that good writing doesn't matter in a disc golf magazine. :|

Exactly. That's why I wanna know if it is even any good. I can definitely see something like this being flashy with little substance. I hope that's not the case, though.