• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HuJu Disc Golf Bags

No doubt an L series knock off-- the price point makes it look somewhat attractive but it's a one year warranty, with a grip bag you pay a bit more but you basically have a bag for life with their warranty.

Honestly, the more backpack bags that come out the better it is for us as consumers. More competition is lower pricing and better quality in the long run.

I think I heard Andrew Rich had one of these given to him, I wonder what he thinks of it so far.. might have to reach out to him.

Anyone brave enough to buy one and give us a review when it arrives down the road? :D

I think that someone is called "Dad".

If what he says is true, this is definitely not a hard or particularly high capital venture. He obviously just sent a Grip to China and asked them to make like 50 or so of them to test out his market.

He's selling for $150, I'm assuming he's trying to make somewhere anywhere from 75-100% margin on each bag depending on how many test runs he did and the import costs. That'd put the cost of production around 80 bucks a bag.. 4k for a run of 50. Not a huge amount of money if his pops is rich. I could be completely wrong about the economics of it all though..

I definitely think the market is there, and he definitely played it safe by copying the most popular design. He definitely would've done himself some favors by taking more professional photo's and being more detailed about the product... that said, i've already got a couple friends who've asked me to keep an eye on it, since they love the grip look, but not the grip price.

I would bet the manufacturing cost is closer to 40, maybe 50 after shipped to him. He will sell 5 wholesale price at 99.00 each, I would hope he has a bare minimum 40% profit margin to make it worthwhile

I just saw more pictures.. man the straps and rails.. it's like identical to a grip *_*

Its honestly laughable that he's straight ripping off Grips design.

Seriously. Have you no shame? Or imagination?

Oh yeah, good luck trying to warranty them when the crappy construction and materials inevitably fails.

I've been laughing for a week straight. Especially since he's pulling a salient move, and deleting EVERYTHING that could be considered negative from his Facebook page.

Anyone who would support this "company" deserves their bag to be tattered within a week anyway, at least in my opinion.

Can't wait to see how this disaster plays out.

I'd say imagination and just trying to make some coin of his dad's money. Huju pile of ****ju.

huju bag

I honestly thought this was a joke. No hard feelings towards the guy at all. But I really thought someone was trying to be funny. I guess I was wrong.

It definitely isn't a grip bag with the logos ripped of, lower build quality. China is incredibly good at copying things, actually that is what the Chinese manufacturing industry prides themselves in. It's probably the only way to get a good product out of China without flying over there to watch the whole process. That being said, welcome to the world of cheap knock offs disc golf :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfAr2eZQXkg

I'll stick to the real thing. The kid is a punk and doesn't like people joking "his bag". Then he tries to bring goons to insult people for not liking the Grip Off.

You can tell what his priority from this is. Respecting potential customers and having a loyal following isn't one of them.

At some point, everyone giving this bag a hard time just becomes trolling. Do we really need to be the great defenders of Grip EQ, or can they do it themselves? Let the bag fail on its own. It doesn't need our help.

Refusing negative feedback and insulting people isn't a way to start a new company out on the right foot. It's bad business and further shows you're just a prick trying to make coin on someone else's hard work. Anyone who buys into this mess is a moron.

Hey buy "my bag" and keep your negative comments to yourself. Successful approach right there.

Refusing negative feedback and insulting people isn't a way to start a new company out on the right foot. It's bad business and further shows you're just a prick trying to make coin on someone else's hard work. Anyone who buys into this mess is a moron.

Hey buy "my bag" and keep your negative comments to yourself. Successful approach right there.

That was pretty much Salient's approach in the start, luckily for them they are working on improving their image, and its showing.

I don't wish any bad will to huju bags, but the similarities between the bags is pretty extreme.

Latest posts