• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Hypothetical straight flying disc question

This is true

yeah - between the Proxy / Atom / Alias / Axis - and when you can manipulate the drivers on a line - once those gyro discs hit the top speed they LOCK onto a line like a bowling-ball in the gutter and just ride that - then late fade depending. Sooooooooooo straight

I would need a holograph or something to aim at down range. Just trying to throw it down the pipe would be pretty difficult. For one shot, brand new, I think I would go with a Big Z Punisher about 169, backhand. I am thinking world class players would struggle to get much over 300'. It gets exponentially harder the further you travel. Cool idea.

If I was given only one shot, Mako3. Easy 250' maxing at about 300' dead straight for me

Given multiple throws I would probably go with a TL, flies like a beat Teebird from what I hear, so I might be able to squeak out 350'

I'd say Discraft Heat on a hyzer-flip at around 80% power. Too much power and it will start to turn, but with just the right amount it will flip up flat and go straight forever.

If I was given only one shot, Mako3. Easy 250' maxing at about 300' dead straight for me

Given multiple throws I would probably go with a TL, flies like a beat Teebird from what I hear, so I might be able to squeak out 350'

The problem with a Mako3 is that it requires some height to obtain distance. In this scenario you have a 12' high ceiling which pretty much rules out putters and mids for getting any real distance.

Champ Mako3

Laser. Beam. Straight. Every. Time.

I literally threw mine over 600' downhill yesterday and the only thing that steered it was wind gusts. That disc floats like absolute magic.

The problem with a Mako3 is that it requires some height to obtain distance. In this scenario you have a 12' high ceiling which pretty much rules out putters and mids for getting any real distance.

Meh. I'd still put a dollar on it :thmbup:

TP Underworld Hyzer-flip straight 9-10 ft off the ground, for days. I'd still lose, I don't have a huge arm.

Mako3 no matter what I use I will end up hitting the pipe shortly if don't still not throwing as far as majority so take what I can on a laser line

Latest posts