• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am THEY

Cheers to the Maple Hill crew, Gage Benson in particular...........

Hole 14 Gold

13241282_1217702398288741_6482345666699107281_n.jpg

Nice! I'll be playing whites tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to be a serious they. 2 courses installed, maintenance done, lines painted, and blood spilled.

Then a they thought, it was only about he, and the rest of us they said "**** you," and we became a them.

Remember they's, if you're jerk and bullies to the rest of the they's around you, you will end up being only a me.

Used to be a serious they. 2 courses installed, maintenance done, lines painted, and blood spilled.

Then a they thought, it was only about he, and the rest of us they said "**** you," and we became a them.

Remember they's, if you're jerk and bullies to the rest of the they's around you, you will end up being only a me.

Perfectly said.

Where have Brush Hogs been my whole life!

Was a They this weekend and a couple of the club members with some funds came together to rent a small tractor with a brush hog. 280$ and two days later we had cleared out the longs for a course that has no middle ground between fairway and thick brush. I have never seen the course so clean, and never smiled harder than watching this thing eat into dense forest and come out with clear fairways. Was too busy enjoying the sights and clearing branches to snap any pictures but I am very proud of the current Layout of http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3711&mode=ci

Brings a small tear to my Eye. Then I shot a +12( Usually hang around -4 on the shorts) and remembered how hard the course gets when shifted into the Long Positions. :wall:

All and all looking forward to reaping the benefits of the hard work for the Months to come.

Where have Brush Hogs been my whole life!

A bush hog for my tractor is up there on the "wants" list. Would speed up course construction immensely. A PTO driven chipper is also pretty high on the list.

If $ were no barrier...

Seriously, you're clearing and mulching the fairways in one pass, with one machine.

Just wanted to take a second and thank all of the "THEY"'s out there. I shamefully haven't been a "THEY" in a quite a few years so the best I can do right now is thank the current "THEY"'s reading this thread.

I am a 'partial' THEY.

We have a pretty sweet deal with our local City Parks and Rec. Their property, their equipment (heavy and light), their arborist, and their skilled, paid manpower. :thmbup:

All we have to provide is a small design team and a handful of unskilled labor on work party days to demonstrate local commitment by marking tees, fairways, and greens and clearing small brush.

We were hoping to open before December, but the grant money is still being finalized. Hoping to finish in late Jan - early Feb.

The ones complaining about what "they" should do are probably the same ones who litter the courses with their danged empty plastic water bottles or empty beer cans and such, even when there is a garbage can within 10 feet of where the litter has been tossed. Starting to see more and more of this even on some of the nicer courses. :mad:

I was They again this week........ started carving lines in the woods for the back 9 at Jeff Blatnick Park. Only had hand loppers so could drop the bigger trees.

Hole 13. looking back toward tee
c7390cfb7f86.jpg

14th tee cleared.
2d89a288cf6a.jpg