• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I feel like a REAL ****!!!.....

That is why you never mark a disc until you leave the course.

s0unds like you have experience...

(since i cant dbl quote)

hector: "I know I'm a dick, but I usually don't get caught like this, I was just embarrassed I wrote my name on so fast, "

you dont "usually" get caught?? sounds like karma still owes ya a few
:wall:

Wait until you leave to assume that it's yours.

You're worse than Adam.

*Shakes head in shame*

I was laughing at this story because I found a disc before and finished my round and got into my car thinking I had a nice new disc with no name or anything on it, and sure enough here runs up some guy "hey you see a disc while you were out there", So I had to say "yeah here it is" while thinking "dang, so close". lol

You should always do the right thing, even if it sucks at the time.;)

You've confessed your sins before the Elders of DGCR and it sounds like you have learned a lesson. Your penance is to play your next 69 rounds with only an Xtreme and a Birdie. Throw forth and sin no more.

#1 - Yea, I usually don't get caught - if I got what I had coming to me, I'd be in big trouble. I try, but like most (ALL), I fall short, who hasn't. That is no excuse - I f'ed up, I get it.

#2 - I've decided to go get a brand new disc, same model and plastic as that dude's and keep it in my bag. If I ever see him or his friends again, I'll give it to him and apologize, if I don't see him again, I'll keep it NEW in my bag and NEVER throw it - just to remind me to not be stupid again.

And that's all I got to say about that.

Like the therapist told my alcoholic Mom, alcohol is never an excuse. You should be ashamed for being such a complete dick.

Seriously. Why mark it on the course? You could have just held on to it and tried to see if it was them or perhaps someone else, THEN marked it once you got home if nobody claimed it. :wall:

#2 - I've decided to go get a brand new disc, same model and plastic as that dude's and keep it in my bag. If I ever see him or his friends again, I'll give it to him and apologize, if I don't see him again, I'll keep it NEW in my bag and NEVER throw it - just to remind me to not be stupid again.

That's good, considering you would be paying him back. However, good things come to those who pay it forward, without feeling the need to be recognized or thanked for it.

Not 15 minutes before, my favorite disc went into the water, so is that karma in reverse?

Seriously, I feel like s*** about the whole thing, I know I'm a dick, but I usually don't get caught like this, I was just embarrassed I wrote my name on so fast, if I hadn't it would have been easy enough to just toss it to him and say "be more careful next time - can we play through?". But as it is, I beat it out of the park, and at this time, don't ever want to throw again (I'm sure this will pass).
Maybe you deserved his disc. His group was engaging in DoucheBaggery, were they not? As far as you know that guy is a wife beating kitten kicking arse and has way more bad karma coming to him than just loosing a disc. You never know, just saying. Actually I just wanted to say DoucheBaggery.:D

Seriously. Why mark it on the course? You could have just held on to it and tried to see if it was them or perhaps someone else, THEN marked it once you got home if nobody claimed it. :wall:

Should have said "you mean that disc that you were too lazy to look for or just didn't want us to play through, no hadn't seen it."

"Oh crap! that guy knows I took his disc"

*throws disc into woods in plain view of others*

"the perfect cover up"

At least you have a conscience, but the real problem I have with what you did is that you give other disc golfers a bad name.

Yeah, but so is jumping on to hole #2. Since ALL the courses I play seem to be constantly busy now, if I saw that I would consider that to be a real douchey move. In fact, I witnessed a confrontation about that exact incident a few weeks ago.

Dude should have paid admission to go to hole #2. Cost? 1 disc :hfive:

why do you guys bring sharpies to the course for anyways?

Not that I will ever get an ace, but just in case I do I bring a sharpie for any witness to sign my disc. I travel alone and would have to get lucky and do it in plain view of a local.

This is why I don't like to be drunk, but hey, at least you didn't keep the guy's disc. You lost most of your brain function while boozed up, but at least you didn't lose your conscience.

Yeah, but so is jumping on to hole #2. Since ALL the courses I play seem to be constantly busy now, if I saw that I would consider that to be a real douchey move. In fact, I witnessed a confrontation about that exact incident a few weeks ago.

Dude should have paid admission to go to hole #2. Cost? 1 disc :hfive:

I don't see a problem with walking up to any teepad that is empty and starting my round then and there...as long as discers from the previous hole aren't totally nipping at your heels. Am I alone on this one? I am usually looking for the quickest way to get a round in and on my local courses I usually end up starting wherever there is an opening and I feel that it works out the best for everyone.

Latest posts