• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I have never thrown a Roc...

Yeah, another reason I loved me some mildly domed X Comets! But, it was just somethig to play with. As Rocs fill it's slot just as easily if worn properly.

I recently got a Roc because everyone loves it so much. Still getting used to it but I can't ever see it taking my the place of my Cobra.

My friend loaned me his Cobra the very first time I ever went Disc golfing and I've never been without it since it's always been my strongest Disc.

The only time I ever have to putt long is when I'm putting straight off my drive. But my 2nd shot with the Cobra is so strong that I rarely have a tough putt. Which is great for me because I'm a very inconsistent putter. Saved my ass a million times

I even use it to putt in the wind. But it's all a matter of personal preference, use whatever works best for you

I keep both in my bag. Stable roc, straight roc and a flippy roc, and a straight/stable Buzzz.

Straight Rocs either need to be a slightly flippy one that can be hyzer flipped, or a true stable one that will inevitably fade near the end. A straight Buzzz can be thrown hard, low and flat and never fade from its line. Buzzzes are also longer.

I think they're both great discs, and different enough to carry both.

Think of a Roc as having all the glide of the most understable disc you ever threw....but due to the beefy bead...having all the stability of the straightest disc out there

capable of long slow straight hovering flights but also able to do tricky lines that are impossible with understables or straight fliers

It can just do more than most discs

one problem is it goes where u throw it so if it goes astray you just dont know how to throw a roc

Some people like Rocs, some people like Buzzzs. Some people like arguing about it!

I gave up on the Roc because most of the courses I play are very rocky and will just shred a DX or KC Pro Roc. I have discovered the S-Line Gremlin, which to me flies very much like a slightly more stable buzzz but has a bead like a Roc. The S-Line plastic is actually a Champy Star blend that is about as durable as most champion plastic. I use the S-Line if I want to go straight or left and I use an opto Fuse for turnover shots. I also carry a Q Sentinel which is basically a more stable Champion Roc.

I recently found an EchoStar Roc - "20 years of Roc" '89-'99 - with 3 names /numbers on it (2 of which are scratched over).
Should I return it, and to whom?
:D

Definitely return...from the looks of it, that disc is tainted. :D
Seems no one holds on to it for very long...and the last person to lose it probably won't want it back anyway. But no sense in not trying...

Definitely return...from the looks of it, that disc is tainted. :D
Seems no one holds on to it for very long...and the last person to lose it probably won't want it back anyway. But no sense in not trying...

I'd say the problem with this Roc is it has more turn (tainted EchoStar), being less stable than other Rocs. I'd bet these "losers" (only in that they lost this disc!) didn't realize that.

So I just called the guy and while his number was East TN it turns out he's in Louisville, KY, barely an hour away. He's a school teacher and has the summer off, planning to travel for DG. Sounds like he's coming after it in a couple of weeks.

I love the roc. I never tried to throw a different midrange. I don't see the point. Roc does all.

It will hold any line. Works great for anhyzers, hyzerflips, strait shots, ....

Main disc of the tee.

Latest posts