• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I mean, listen. We talking about practice. Not a game. We talking about practice.

glassila

Double Eagle Member
I'm gonna call B.S. on this "course review"...
Description: Single basket practice area at the KOA campground for guest use.
It looks like this campground owner listed their practice basket on DGCR to let people know it was there.
I understand people wanting to be the first to review a course, but there's 1 basket = NOT A COURSE! :doh: :thmbdown: :wall:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=12117&page=1&sort=date_desc&mode=rev#88932

It looks like this campground owner listed their practice basket on DGCR to let people know it was there.
I understand people wanting to be the first to review a course, but there's 1 basket = NOT A COURSE! :doh: :thmbdown: :wall:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=12117&page=1&sort=date_desc&mode=rev#88932

I mean, it's labeled as a practice area, which means the reviews on it can't be voted on. So Craig can't get any votes on the review anyways. It's nice to hear someone's thoughts on it even if it's a simple practice baskets. Who knows, maybe a random practice area I'm passing by is secretly awesome for some reason. Or the opposite.

If Tim's gonna allow a listing for a single basket, then I have a temporary private course whenever I pull my basket out of my garage.

Practice areas are typically a few baskets with no defined tee area. Listing a single basket as a practice area/course isn't even scraping the bottom of the barrel.

So, what's wrong with my review? Is your issue that a lone basket is listed as a course, or with what my review said? What else can be said about a single basket in a small field?

This practice area was actually listed on here by a group of disc golfers (the other 5 people who have 'played' there). There are multiple 1, 2, or 3 basket practice areas that are listed on this site. Were probably in agreement about not having all those single baskets being listed on this site as courses or practice areas, and the Pandora's box that opens. Just don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Last edited:

that's why it's listed as a practice area :doh: :thmbdown: :wall:

Here's another one of my reviews you can call B.S. Spoiler Alert: It's also a single basket.

Meh, it is labeled a practice area and his "review" said it was a practice area, and he gave it a zero rating.

No harm no foul in my book...

Just contact my before you swing by to play my "practice area," and maybe I'll pull my basket out of my garage.

But I don't want any unannounced visitors.

Last edited:
It's listed as a practice area and if it's a permanent basket that's always in place then it fits into the rules. Stuff like this is the whole reason the practice area designation was made. If someone is super hard up to get some putts in or lives far from any courses they can at least count on this one basket always being there, it's useful information to have.

So, what's wrong with my review? Is your issue that a lone basket is listed as a course, or with what my review said? What else can be said about a single basket in a small field?

This practice area was actually listed on here by a group of disc golfers (the other 5 people who have 'played' there). There are multiple 1, 2, or 3 basket practice areas that are listed on this site. Were probably in agreement about not having all those single baskets being listed on this site as courses or practice areas, and the Pandora's box that opens. Just don't hate the player. Hate the game.

The single basket is not listed as a course - it's listed as a "practice area"
Just because people indicated that they "played" there doesn't strengthen your argument.

I disagree that 1, 2, or 3 basket practice areas shouldn't be listed on DGCR. Places that have practice areas (restaurants, bars, hotels, etc) want to get the word out just like a normal course does.

I just felt it was B.S. to rate a putting basket as a course. (I hadn't realized you had done it twice :D)

DGCR may not have the option to deny ratings for non-course situations.

The single basket is not listed as a course - it's listed as a "practice area"
Just because people indicated that they "played" there doesn't strengthen your argument.

I disagree that 1, 2, or 3 basket practice areas shouldn't be listed on DGCR. Places that have practice areas (restaurants, bars, hotels, etc) want to get the word out just like a normal course does.

I just felt it was B.S. to rate a putting basket as a course. (I hadn't realized you had done it twice :D)

DGCR may not have the option to deny ratings for non-course situations.

Again, what's the issue with the review? You can not like Tim's reasoning for allowing practice areas to be listed, or for reviews of practice areas to be allowed. But, why call my review 'B.S.'? Was there something inherently wrong with it? Unfortunately, not all 421 of my reviews (and counting) are going to be exquisite or for elite courses. Sure, I like writing reviews for Idlewild, WR Jackson, Diavolo, or Wintersun. But, not every course is good or memorable. Someone has to write reviews so other DGers don't waste their time playing mediocre layouts.

Gather in everyone! It's time for a story!

I'm super glad this is listed this way. It is useful information. I realize I am biased, because I am one of the five people that also played this basket and listed it. We were on a disc golf trip together playing the Charlotte area courses (we didn't name it the Charlotte KOA, the KOA did, so don't blame us for the name either). On that trip, we actually brought an MVP black hole with us to play horseshoes with, which took up a generous amount of space in our ride. Had we known the KOA had a basket already there, we definitely wouldn't have brought one with us.

Practice areas are not courses. I agree, but knowing where practice areas are, is also important.

Latest posts