• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] I need a disc that will finish right

The Underworld was the first fairway I could get to turnover easily and consistently. You could also try a midrange as some have suggested - Tursas, Fuse, Tangent, Comet - to get used to throwing turnovers.

Distance or power level would help. Plus you can tweak whatever we tell you with bumping or dropping disc weight. I like a mid 160's Fuse for a right turning mid, and an Underworld for a driver. A Hatchet is good too if you want a slightly faster driver.

Or cheat, and throw a thumber. :D

Last edited:
You understand that the shear dynamics of throwing a disc with clockwise spin will always finish left, right? Throw a paper plate RHBH, and it will finish left. The trick is finding the correct combination of weight to understableness for your arm speed. That will result in a right flying disc, but still, all RHBH finish left.

"All" RHBH finishes left? If i throw i river off a cliff 100'in the air, then it will finish left. But if i throw the river in any "real" golf situation, it's not going to finish left for me. I get the physics portion of it, but it's a simple question from the OP. There is one part of this that is useful... Is finding the perfect point between understableness and your arm speed. It will be trying a lot of understable plastic before you get that right one. I think it's one of the most difficult to find. Your also going to want to start playing more with your line and hyzer flips to effectively use this shot. Good luck!

Alot depends on how far out from tee pad you need to turn right. My goto for this shot is a star kite ripped with right power will flip up and track right and stay right

I have three main discs I use in this kind of situation. Well I shouldn't say use, 3 I am trying. The FD, I have to put more of an effort on the initial line, but it rides it out and fades back to the left.
A Sidewinder, great for anhyzer lines, but will usually come back right. It's not a disc that is going to flip straight, and then go too far right, but it does to some degree. Same thing with the Mamba, it either does a smooth anhyzer line with a little fade, but doesn't go straight for too long.

Your best bet, and my personal favorite, a Fuzion Witness, (not Lucid) this disc will hyzer flip and go straight, and then turn right, depending on how much hyzer you use. I know I have said it a few times, but for someone who had tried an FD, Sidewinder, Mamba, Roadrunner, Meteor, Diamond, and Daedalus. The Witness is my favorite. I carry a Lucid witness as well for good flex shots. My second favorite is the sidewinder. Get em both is my suggestion. I LOVE my Fuzion Witnesses.

Not quite understanding what height has to do with this. You want it to turn at short range? Get a summit. You want it to wait longer? Get a fuse or tursas, I love them both but the fuse is better IMO. Even longer? Get a Leo, sidewinder, or the one I like even better, the Qols. Leo will be much easier to turn than the other two drivers. Make sure it is a pro Leo.

Power estimate would definitely help. :). But those suggestions will turn for just about anybody.

Last edited:
"All" RHBH finishes left? If i throw i river off a cliff 100'in the air, then it will finish left. But if i throw the river in any "real" golf situation, it's not going to finish left for me. I get the physics portion of it, but it's a simple question from the OP. There is one part of this that is useful... Is finding the perfect point between understableness and your arm speed. It will be trying a lot of understable plastic before you get that right one. I think it's one of the most difficult to find. Your also going to want to start playing more with your line and hyzer flips to effectively use this shot. Good luck!

Exactly. Given enough time, the clockwise spin will turn left. But with the right combination of weight and understableness for the arm speed will result in a right flying disc like I said. You can get a RHBH thrown disc to turn right, but it will still never fade (low speed "finish") right. That's what I was trying to clear up with the OP.

The new Axiom Theory is perfect for this. I am in the same boat but I've been working on my flick. Start by flicking putters and mid ranges. It requires a lot of finesse but will let you get your form down. Then add power and step up to fairway drivers. I am far from great with my flick, 150-225 feet at best, but a very useable shot that's helped lower my score.

Beat G* Daedalus. I have one that does a pretty S-curve, one that just goes to the right and stays and one that I can get to do both (non proto)

Comet.

Learn to throw everything with a comet and you will be just fine.

I disced way down last winter, throwing Rivers for my only driver and when I started to get it to turnover off of a hyzer, everything started to click.

I have had success with a 167-169 F7. If you throw it flat it will turn and glide right with little or no fade depending on height.

Other good choices in lighter weights (160s):

Bandit
Sidewinder
Roadrunner

You are getting a lot of road runner/ sidewinder/leopard comments but I don't know if they will work for you if you are a beginner. I still think an unflashed tursas would be your best option if you are not used to throwing turn overs. Play with the release and you will have a gold mine.

The x comet is a good disc to have to improve form but the tursas is so much easier to turn right with proper form IMO. If you release with an anny, then not so much.

Comet will go right. Beat Z can do the "flip to flat and go right" given enough wear/time and will stay that way for quite some time.

Sidewinder/Leopard are a bit faster choices and will go right late given the right mold/plastic/wear.

Mamba is money in the bank for this but really needs a bit more height/room to truly work its magic. If you are willing to sacrifice some distance you can hyzer flip them on a low line and they will finish right.

You are getting a lot of road runner/ sidewinder/leopard comments but I don't know if they will work for you if you are a beginner. I still think an unflashed tursas would be your best option if you are not used to throwing turn overs. Play with the release and you will have a gold mine.

The x comet is a good disc to have to improve form but the tursas is so much easier to turn right with proper form IMO. If you release with an anny, then not so much.

He did say he is able to turn his valk, but not on golf lines. Given that, I'd say turning a roadrunner should be no problem. A sidewinder should turn as well (although some new ones are fairly stable out of the box). I'd recommend the following depending on the range his is looking for it to turn at:

Putter - Summit
Mid - X Comet
Fairway - Pro Leopard
Driver - Roadrunner