• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for some help on this. Stamped 2008 wisconsin tour finale. 170 grams, "GFY"? Maybe "GFP"?
It also has a slight bead.

4E87F973-EFF1-4101-A2E2-CAD159C2CAF2-41547-0000186694F4354E_zpse62f93a9.jpg

4D3AB608-1EAE-4C36-BB4B-E199EFA5F3D6-41547-0000186690C40E8F_zps17e87bb1.jpg

F797C1F2-022F-4ACE-8AB9-021D3BF2BA98-41547-000018668A93F640_zps504fe56b.jpg

Im guessing its a low speed driver, possibly fairway. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Is there an imprint in the disc below the letters? It looks like maybe someone wrote the weight and possibly their initials.

To the ones who know these things. Whats up with these discs they have diffrent stamps. The orange is alot softer and flexiable. Orange is marked with an F and the green is marked FB. I'm just curious.
IMAG2306_zpsf2ef2e04.jpg

Last edited:
The yellow disc on the right. Anyone with information? From what little I can find, it is pre-1994. I seldom see one for sale.

ZNMBynj.jpg

Those laser aviars are real early, the came in a little cardboard box and were almost (or all) like 150ish.

Found this today. Called the owner on back and he said he hasn't played disc golf since 2003, and not in Austin since 1999.

Can't find much about Special Editions and haven't had a chance to throw it yet. Feels kind of like JK Pro plastic? Anybody know anything?

20130204_165629.jpg

SE Leopards were like 1998-2002ish. during this period there were only three plastics (innova) DX, SE, CE. these were the initial departure from DX plastic and were kind of a step-up from dx but a step-down from CE.
in that condition, I'd be happy to pull 10-15 bucks :) new 40-50 is not uncommon.

SE Leopards were like 1998-2002ish. during this period there were only three plastics (innova) DX, SE, CE. these were the initial departure from DX plastic and were kind of a step-up from dx but a step-down from CE.
in that condition, I'd be happy to pull 10-15 bucks :) new 40-50 is not uncommon.

Cool, thanks.

Right now I'm inclined to just keep it cause I've been wanting another Leopard anyway. I'm really interested to see how it flies. I've got a garbage 150 DX Leopard that just flips over every time I look at it, and a mostly new 175 DX Leopard that is one of the only 2 drivers I really use. (primary use a Champ Eagle X)

Nice to know a little about the history of the plastic, etc.

Thanks again!

I know I'm being a dick, but you forgot Pro/Millennium plastic. The first "step up" in plastic was in '95 when Millennium discs came out. In '97 the KC Pro discs came out which (except for the KC Roc and KC Aviar) were Millennium plastic in Innova molds and were the equivalent to what we call "Pro" plastic today. The SE discs came out after that as Innova tinkered with plastic mixes. All the tinkering resulted in CE.

The SE Leopards came out either late '99 or early '00. The Leopard came out in the spring of '99.

Cool, thanks.

Right now I'm inclined to just keep it cause I've been wanting another Leopard anyway. I'm really interested to see how it flies. I've got a garbage 150 DX Leopard that just flips over every time I look at it, and a mostly new 175 DX Leopard that is one of the only 2 drivers I really use. (primary use a Champ Eagle X)

Nice to know a little about the history of the plastic, etc.

Thanks again!
The SE Leopards were flippy. The guys who liked them used them for hyzerflips and turnovers. An SE Leopard in that condition might give a garbage 150 DX Leopard are run for its money in a flippy contest.

I know I'm being a dick, but you forgot Pro/Millennium plastic. The first "step up" in plastic was in '95 when Millennium discs came out. In '97 the KC Pro discs came out which (except for the KC Roc and KC Aviar) were Millennium plastic in Innova molds and were the equivalent to what we call "Pro" plastic today. The SE discs came out after that as Innova tinkered with plastic mixes. All the tinkering resulted in CE.

The SE Leopards came out either late '99 or early '00. The Leopard came out in the spring of '99.

you are being PICKY!!! :p
nah, you're not. I was speaking exclusively about Innova, millennium not included :) and my date quote 1998-2002 was for all se plastic, not specifically leopards. and I forgot about old kc pro :eek:

and I forgot about old kc pro :eek:
The original KC Pro line gets overlooked a lot from what I can tell. At the time, it was a big freaking deal. Now it's more like "I don't want your crap 8X KC Cheetah, I want the awesome 11X KC Cheetahs."

At any rate, they were fun when they came out.

Redneck #1: Why should I pay $10 for this Cheetah when this other one is $7?

Redneck # 2: Look, this one is signed by Ken Klee-Mo.

Redneck #1: Who the Hell is Ken Klee-Mo?

Redneck # 2: Say's here he's the seven time disc golf World Champeen. It must be good.

Redneck #1: For $3 it better be under the basket all damn day.

To the ones who know these things. Whats up with these discs they have diffrent stamps. The orange is alot softer and flexiable. Orange is marked with an F and the green is marked FB. I'm just curious.
IMAG2306_zpsf2ef2e04.jpg

My guess on this is the orange one you have marked "F" was a transition period between the old 11x Firebirds and the current run they're producing today. The plastic, mold and feel are consistent, even almost indistinguishable with an old 11x. The newer ones with the KC silhouette, are just that, newer.

Comet question

I have this team stamped glow comet and i'm thinking about selling it. Before I do I want to get my facts straight. What I'm trying to find out is how many were made. I was told a number when I got it, but I can't remember. It seems like it was 150 or maybe 350. I'm not sure and don't want to say the wrong thing. Anybody know?

Thanks,
Jay

Attachments

• comet.jpg
    comet.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts