• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a Wasp, a Buzz is a Wasp without the bead....
my wasp and this misprint don't have the same rim and ive compared several wasps and buzzes and they have similar rims but not the same.. can a misprint not be a misprint...

1991 Veteran's Park Open

Ok so people seem to the think the other disc is a Stingray. This one is definitely a higher speed disc.

The stamp says 1991 Veteran's Park Open. There is a sticker on the back that says 1st run Valkyrie but if the disc is actually from '91 that can't be the case. I posted a top view and a profile view. The tooling on the back says Innova Champion Discs Rancho Cucamongo.

Attachments

• IMAG0025.jpg
    IMAG0025.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 34
That's gotta be an old mold stingray.
My eyes are horrible so I can't really tell, but the disc in the pic looks like a Stingray to me. He said there was another Stingray there that should be the same vintage so I just wanted him to compare them to make sure.

Ok so people seem to the think the other disc is a Stingray. This one is definitely a higher speed disc.

The stamp says 1991 Veteran's Park Open. There is a sticker on the back that says 1st run Valkyrie but if the disc is actually from '91 that can't be the case. I posted a top view and a profile view. The tooling on the back says Innova Champion Discs Rancho Cucamongo.
The hotstamp has to be a reprint. Innova didn't even move to Rancho Cucamonga until 1994 or '95. There is no way possible for that disc to actually be from a 1991 event. I'd roll with the sticker on the bottom and say it's a Valk.

Ok so you want one more? I have no Idea what this last one is at all. The tooling says it was made in San Marino on the back.

Attachments

• IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 33
So I know that this is a LS, but I'm not sure about the plastic blend. It feels just like the 10x Teebirds. Could this be some kind of CE blend? Also, are these sought after at all?

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 31
So I know that this is a LS, but I'm not sure about the plastic blend. It feels just like the 10x Teebirds. Could this be some kind of CE blend? Also, are these sought after at all?
I still have a 2000 Ice Bowl JLS around here someplace. It's funny because it has some qualities that make people think "CE" and they freak out over it, but at the time that these discs were out ('99-'00) nobody thought much about them. They were maybe what would have been called SE, which was late 90's Innovaspeak for "we are screwing around with our Pro plastic blend." They were grippy, but so was Discraft Elite Pro. It just really didn't seem like anything all that special at the time.

I don't think there is any real consistent market for it, but I've had people who have held it offer me a lot more than an old JLS is worth because they are sure it's some sort of CE blend. I didn't sell it 'cause I don't have the heart to rip people off. It's seriously just an old Millennium plastic driver.

I still have a 2000 Ice Bowl JLS around here someplace. It's funny because it has some qualities that make people think "CE" and they freak out over it, but at the time that these discs were out ('99-'00) nobody thought much about them. They were maybe what would have been called SE, which was late 90's Innovaspeak for "we are screwing around with our Pro plastic blend." They were grippy, but so was Discraft Elite Pro. It just really didn't seem like anything all that special at the time.

I don't think there is any real consistent market for it, but I've had people who have held it offer me a lot more than an old JLS is worth because they are sure it's some sort of CE blend. I didn't sell it 'cause I don't have the heart to rip people off. It's seriously just an old Millennium plastic driver.
Awesome. It's a great thrower and feels great. Thanks 3P.

I've had this for around 12 years. I believe it's from 1994. It's definitely an Innova, has the standard Innova bottom. The top says "Deuce Time Basket Seeker" and has skeletons holding discs, and baskets. Anybody have any clue what this is?

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

Last edited:
I've had this for around 12 years. I believe it's from 1994. It's definitely an Innova, has the standard Innova bottom. The top says "Deuce Time Basket Seeker" and has skeletons holding discs, and baskets. Anybody have any clue what this is?

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg
Do you just want to know what mold it is or do you want to know if somebody knows something about the stamp?

If you just want to know the mold, you should tell us what the tooling says, what diameter is it (same as a Roc? Smaller than a Roc? Bigger than a Roc?) and tell us about the wing (does it have a bead? Does it look like a Roc wing?)

Most everybody else wants a profile picture, too.

I pretty much can tell you what an 90's Innova disc is if you tell me what the tooling says and compare it to a Roc. :p

Hello I have a disc I need id'ed please...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379304363945.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379304363945.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 36
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379304385295.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379304385295.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 38
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379304408215.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379304408215.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 40
Also this one... Thanks for any help...
This one I bought on eBay was sold as a 1st run comet got it and its a cyclone. Anyone got any idea on the age?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379304480670.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379304480670.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 32
Sorry for this triple post tried to edit the first one but I could not find the button?
Anyway the tooling on the first disc is Ontario , Cal, 91761, usa. Innova Champion Discs, inc. P#4,568,297

Thanks again guys...

Do you just want to know what mold it is or do you want to know if somebody knows something about the stamp?

If you just want to know the mold, you should tell us what the tooling says, what diameter is it (same as a Roc? Smaller than a Roc? Bigger than a Roc?) and tell us about the wing (does it have a bead? Does it look like a Roc wing?)

Most everybody else wants a profile picture, too.

I pretty much can tell you what an 90's Innova disc is if you tell me what the tooling says and compare it to a Roc. :p

The tooling says "INNOVA - CHAMPION DISCS . INC. ONTARIO, CAL 91761 U.S.A. PATENT NO. 4,568,297

I'm sorry abouting not mentioning the bottom. I'm curious any info anybody has on this disc. Thanks.

The pink disc is a Champion Roc3. It's definitely fatter and taller than whatever my yellow, 173.3 gram, Innova disc I have is. Thanks for any possible info.

IMG_3138.jpg
IMG_3139.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts