• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for this triple post tried to edit the first one but I could not find the button?
Anyway the tooling on the first disc is Ontario , Cal, 91761, usa. Innova Champion Discs, inc. P#4,568,297

Thanks again guys...
It's a Pegasus.

Also this one... Thanks for any help...
This one I bought on eBay was sold as a 1st run comet got it and its a cyclone. Anyone got any idea on the age?
I already told you that this is not a Cyclone. It's an X-Clone. 1st run X-Clones were 1995ish.

X-Clones were made from a modified Cyclone mold, so the tooling says "Cyclone." You can tell it is an X-Clone by the super-duper thin wing.

Got these Rocs from some guy's box out @ the course ? What's the story? How much? Zeignbock is 177 the other 176 They don't seem to have been thrown 10+ yrs storage wear

Attachments

• IMAG0285.jpg
    IMAG0285.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0284.jpg
    IMAG0284.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 11
Did I miss something here this was the first time I asked about is so sorry didn't expect this kind of welcome?
Sorry, there was an identical disc on here like a week ago. Same color, same stamp. I figured it was the same guy.

lol its cool figured that was the case anyway thanks for the info got any idea if anyone collects these?
If it is mint there is a very small market for first run Discraft discs and somebody might buy it. If it's used at all, it is too light to hold much value.

I've had this for around 12 years. I believe it's from 1994. It's definitely an Innova, has the standard Innova bottom. The top says "Deuce Time Basket Seeker" and has skeletons holding discs, and baskets. Anybody have any clue what this is?

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

The pink disc is a Champion Roc3. It's definitely fatter and taller than whatever my yellow, 173.3 gram, Innova disc I have is. Thanks for any possible info.

IMG_3138.jpg
IMG_3139.jpg

The tooling says "INNOVA - CHAMPION DISCS . INC. ONTARIO, CAL 91761 U.S.A. PATENT NO. 4,568,297

I'm sorry abouting not mentioning the bottom. I'm curious any info anybody has on this disc. Thanks.

Anyone have a clue what type of disc this yellow Innova disc is? I really play well with it and would like to potentially order more and retire this one. Thanks once again.

Last edited:
It's definitely either a Viper or an old-mold Whippet.
OK, SO...He posted a pic of his disc with a Roc3. In the interest of science (since I have an old mold Whippet, Viper and a Roc3) I have compared those discs. The Whippet barely clears the rim on a Roc3 when posed as his picture was taken. The Viper has a somewhat smaller diameter because DX shrinks and Champ packs out a mold (a DX Roc has a somewhat smaller diameter than a Champ Roc made from the same mold because of this) but it looks similar to the difference in his photo.

Conclusion: Viper.

OK, SO...He posted a pic of his disc with a Roc3. In the interest of science (since I have an old mold Whippet, Viper and a Roc3) I have compared those discs. The Whippet barely clears the rim on a Roc3 when posed as his picture was taken. The Viper has a somewhat smaller diameter because DX shrinks and Champ packs out a mold (a DX Roc has a somewhat smaller diameter than a Champ Roc made from the same mold because of this) but it looks similar to the difference in his photo.

Conclusion: Viper.

Sounds right. I just don't have all 3 of those discs near me to compare lol.

Sounds right. I just don't have all 3 of those discs near me to compare lol.
I'm thinking the disc identification protocol for a DX 90's disc should be "eliminate Viper first" since it seems like 90% of them that we see turn out to be a Viper. It was the ubiquitous driver of the 90's. There are also a lot of Aviars and Rocs around from then but those discs are still popular so a lot of people can figure those out on their own. The Viper seems to throw people for a loop.

I'm thinking the disc identification protocol for a DX 90's disc should be "eliminate Viper first" since it seems like 90% of them that we see turn out to be a Viper. It was the ubiquitous driver of the 90's. There are also a lot of Aviars and Rocs around from then but those discs are still popular so a lot of people can figure those out on their own. The Viper seems to throw people for a loop.

Likely because so few people throw a Viper today as well. Most current players have never seen a disc with a rim that extreme before.

I'm thinking the disc identification protocol for a DX 90's disc should be "eliminate Viper first" since it seems like 90% of them that we see turn out to be a Viper.

That made me chuckle. I was a little surprised when he said he threw it well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts