• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think there was some "VK" valks before they made the viking....billnchristy knows the story on them....not sure if they were different molds or not....

Just came across a pearly Champ Valk and it has a very noticeable slanted rim. Is there a + mold for the Valkyrie?

You bet, they aren't marked but obviously have a slanted rim, and nearly all of them a purty pearly, and nearly all of them are 165-168g. I have like 7 brand new pearly valk +'s laying around.

Nah, they are newer. They came out last summer I think. They don't have JK's signature on them at all.

three putt....whats up with this...its a reg champion valk no jk...is it before the jk's or after...?? it was with my brothers plastic from around 2005....i have not seen many like it..i know its not worth anything i just wonder why its not a jk

DSC01160.jpg

Found a disc in the loft. Can you tell me about it?

Came across a disc i had laying around in the loft yesterday. An old beatup Pro Teebird-L. A friend told me it was a Teebird/Leopard hybrid. Im assuming they dont make them anymore as I have never seen them. Anymbody got anymore info on these? I would love to get another somehow.

it's not a teebird leopard hybrid. It is a different mold configuration for the teebird, the L mold. L stands for 'Long/less stable', so it is a more understable teebird.

they don't make them in pro anymore, I believe they only did one run because they did not sell well in pro. I know the pro teebirds were garbage, but I don't know about the TLs

Innova still makes it in star

Teebird-L

it's not a teebird leopard hybrid. It is a different mold configuration for the teebird, the L mold. L stands for 'Long/less stable', so it is a more understable teebird.

they don't make them in pro anymore, I believe they only did one run because they did not sell well in pro. I know the pro teebirds were garbage, but I don't know about the TLs

Innova still makes it in star

So a TL is the updated version but only comes in star plastic. That sucks as I really like the pro pastic feel. Not sure where my friend got that from.

three putt....whats up with this...its a reg champion valk no jk...is it before the jk's or after...?? it was with my brothers plastic from around 2005....i have not seen many like it..i know its not worth anything i just wonder why its not a jk

DSC01160.jpg

I've seen a couple of these. My friend at school throws one, and he's been playing since the late 90s. I'll ask him when he got the disc, but for what it's worth, his is the exact same color/stamp. His is pretty well seasoned, and he really started playing competitive golf a bit before 2005. Just another data point to consider, but nothing definitive.

what is this???

Hola. I got this disc on a trade, I don't use discraft any more a my friend doesn't use innova so we swapped some discs. It is an older disc, the weight on the back is in big writing(173) and the inside rim has a "groove" and the mold is Ontario. Any of you experts out there know what this is? Thanks a bunch!!
Biz
IMAG0199.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg

Really? Ok, cool. You know how old it is?
Biz
I got a disc with that stamp when I joined the PDGA in the mid 90's. They got their current logo and switched the stamp on the disc you got when you joined around '96-'97. I would date that disc as early to mid 90's, no later than '97.

Status
Not open for further replies.