• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I don't see any run numbers on the back either. All I see by the weight is "QJ", appreciate your help

another odd thing I've noticed on the ce millennium... the mold mark on this one is QJ, the qms's are marked QM... I've noticed the newer ones are JLS and qms FWIW...

Discraft people are there any special older magnets that you look for? Just got a lot of 6 disc, 5 older circle stamps, and a magnet and I assume since everything else is old it is as well.

- Says Discraft Magnet - Chain Seeking Device
- Disc hitting 4 Chains
- Whatever DX is for Discraft
Phone died so she is charging will post pic in a bit if needed.

**Actually here is the eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160656528006?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Anyone have any background information on this disc?

IMG_7090.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_7197.jpg

@vonD -

yup that's a good magnet, 4 chain pulse stamps are very desirable. looks like it's in good shape too. depending on weight it's probably worth 25-40.

Minnesota Doubles Series 2010

I just bout he disc and the guy said it was a boss xg wondering if anyone can confirm it for me fairly new to the sport and don't know much about the disc thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2011-10-01 14.45.43.jpg
    2011-10-01 14.45.43.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 17
I have a disc I bought at PIAS, it has a gold foil, looks like the first run CHAMPION DISCS INC Star (cross) with the four smaller stars, one outside small circle, one heavy circle around the star. The underside says Ontario and Innova-Champion Discs Inc. The disc is cream color and appears to be a Polecat in profile.

The center bottom nipple is really small, like a pencil point and has one outside thin small mold ring and two inner lighter rings.

The disc looks like brand new, never thrown like slight storage wear type stuff. I'm not a collector but 9/10 seems about right. Not inked, but has 166 on the bottom like a weight (I will weigh it) and nothing else.

I will post some pictures.

Exactly like a Polecat but Innova web site does not list the Polecat with champion plastic.

Any ideas before the picture and any interest?

I bought the disc because it looks collectable and I have a bad habit of liking expensive discs to put in my bag for throwing.

...CHAMPION DISCS INC...Exactly like a Polecat but Innova web site does not list the Polecat with champion plastic...

The bolded section does not indicate the plastic it was molded in. This is the company name Innova used at the time.

I have a disc I bought at PIAS, it has a gold foil, looks like the first run CHAMPION DISCS INC Star (cross) with the four smaller stars, one outside small circle, one heavy circle around the star. The underside says Ontario and Innova-Champion Discs Inc. The disc is cream color and appears to be a Polecat in profile.

The center bottom nipple is really small, like a pencil point and has one outside thin small mold ring and two inner lighter rings.

The disc looks like brand new, never thrown like slight storage wear type stuff. I'm not a collector but 9/10 seems about right. Not inked, but has 166 on the bottom like a weight (I will weigh it) and nothing else.

I will post some pictures.

Exactly like a Polecat but Innova web site does not list the Polecat with champion plastic.

Any ideas before the picture and any interest?

I bought the disc because it looks collectable and I have a bad habit of liking expensive discs to put in my bag for throwing.

does it look like this...?....it could also be a birdie.....

DSC00960.jpg

Thanks guys. I realized the "CHAMPION..." part after a little research.

I will photograph the disc clearly in top view, profile, bottom and upload today (headed out to play at the moment).

Collectors, I'm hoping to trade the disc for a disc I can use.

Thanks in advance.

If I take the iPhone and expand the image to actual size, the profile does not seem to match either. The disc looks to have a more bulbous (fatter) profile. The ability to compare with actual size right next to disc should help but is actually more confusing to me. It does not look like either profile, similar but not the same.

Sorry for the confusion, images soon.

I am amazed at your (collectors knowledge) here.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of shots, hope these help.

I did not clean the disc, it has sticker adhesive and is a little dirty. If I was a collector, I wouldn't want the disc cleaned, I would clean it myself. I don't want money, I want to trade it, if not, I'll auction it on eBay and buy what I want.

If you are interested, contact me.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 37
Rubber Rimmed Disc

I saw this disc on the course this morning, it has a rubber rim and looks pretty cool. Looks like GYRO technology.

How old is this disc and is their a story to tell on it?

GRABOID

Rip Disk Gof

First Run

Attachments

• RDG.jpg
    RDG.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts