• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gateway Chiefs? I hear they are a wizard that was run in premium plasic before they were originally in HPP and Evo plastic. No Tooling, just says weight on the back and "chief" written in pen under the weight.

Cyclone2? I had never heard of them and was curious, so I picked up a couple to try out. They are grippy old D-like Plastic.

The Chief was either made from the Wizard mold or a slightly retooled Wizard mold. It was run in the "H" Hytrel plastic, which was Gateway's first attempt at a premium plastic. They molded up pretty domey. As I recall the grip was slick, the discs were flippy and they didn't have much glide as compared to a Wizard. It was a short, flippy putter with crappy grip. They didn't last long.

The Cyclone 2 was a good control driver. It was a more overstable Cyclone. Unfortunately, it was marketed horribly. People just didn't know what it was. A lot of people thought it was just a new Cyclone stamp. They were sold from '96-'04.

HELP

hello everyone have this disc and not a clue what it is can anyone help

Attachments

• 102_1480.JPG
    102_1480.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 102_1487.JPG
    102_1487.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 102_1483.JPG
    102_1483.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 59
definitely looks like a spider, but ive never seen a dyed one either.

was that a find? could call the ink and ask them what it was :p .. im just messing with ya tho brotha gl :thmbup:

whats the story on this stamp? anything special? CAL molding.
qjls.jpg

Hmm that's odd. It's usually where the weight and stuff is.

I think there is something special about QJLS'es with two color stamps and "PDGA appoved" written on them. If the run number is 1.1 I'm pretty sure that means it CE, but I'm not positive

Hmm that's odd. It's usually where the weight and stuff is.

I think there is something special about QJLS'es with two color stamps and "PDGA appoved" written on them. If the run number is 1.1 I'm pretty sure that means it CE, but I'm not positive

Yea I don't see any run numbers on the back either. All I see by the weight is "QJ", appreciate your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts