• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say thats a champion Boss. The destroyers were not ever released in that stamp. Sure there was 3-4 1st run stamps on champion destroyers, but not that one.

What is this? I think it be a domey champ Destroyer, harever I wood like to noe wut run it iz if enny of you noe.

are you looking to sell or just share some nice plastic with us...?

Not looking to sell, just share. I will look at other forums for likely candidates if this one is not suitable, but I could post in the "What do you think this disc is worth" thread.

Might be best to start a group if you want to do it just for your disc. That way every Larry, Mo, and Curly doesn't post their disc in the thread as well.

We had a Pictures of your vintage discs thread on DGR that ran for a bit. It went pretty well. I'm sure Bill Burns has cooler stuff than what we posted over there.

You always run the risk that people will start posting pictures of Champ Sharks for no reason, but I'd like to see what Bill has stashed away.

There were some Champ Destroyers with the first run stamp. When they first came out there were lots of different ones. Big Star, Little Star, Swoosh, Bar, Football. A local here had an Ice Clear Champ Destroyer with a Ghost Big Star stamp.

I recently bought a discraft impact from a local guy selling found plastic out of his car at my home course. It's ESP plastic, and I like it a lot so far. My question is, where was it before I had it? Obviously no one is going to know for sure but I would like some ideas based on these characteristics of it's wear:

It isn't warped at all, but the plastic color and stamp are severly faded.
Most of the stamp is gone or completely discolored and there are identical scraping marks across the top and bottom that take up the middle third of the disc. The width of the entire dome.
There also seems to be some staining that I originally thought was just badly caked dirt, but it won't even scrape off with an exacto knife.

Has anyone had any sort of similar things happen to plastic? If so, what caused it? Thanks in advance.

I lost a white disc on a temp hole in a tournament. It was found two years later when we re-designed the course and used the pin placement we had used for the temp hole. It had brown dirt-looking stains from being under wet leaves for two years.

No idea about the scrape.

I lost a white disc on a temp hole in a tournament. It was found two years later when we re-designed the course and used the pin placement we had used for the temp hole. It had brown dirt-looking stains from being under wet leaves for two years.

No idea about the scrape.

Lawnmower?

brokenlink.jpg

I thought about a lawn mower, but it's so strange. The scrapes look almost purposeful but they are literally identical on top and bottom. They're in a kind of "I" shape with the long section running through the middle of the disc and then the two shorter lines running perpendicular - like an I - abot where the dome meets the rim. I just don't think a mower could do that. But I could be wrong.

What is this disc? 1995 doubles, Ontario molded very curved under wing with a sizable bead.
IMAG0553.jpg

Last edited:
I have a disc just like the 1995 one ^^^^ It is a python. Very strange mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts