• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i was looking at my zephyr today, and i noticed that it had a "patent pending" tooling. I bought it from a shop not to long ago.
so the question i was wondering is, is it really that old of a disc? or did they just never retool the mold?
also, does the Zephyr even fall under the beveled edge disc patent?

TIA

they are all pat pend.......even the ones you buy today

Ken Climo 4x World Champ disc. there is some kind of fleck on the stamp. It was also once owned by Ron Russell
I'm terrible at profile pictures, all I can see is a white blob. Maybe I need new glasses?

At any rate, what is the tooling? Discs of that vintage are usually pretty easy to tell by the tooling. There also were not very many discs then, so you know it's a Cobra or Viper or something like that just by the age.

I'm terrible at profile pictures, all I can see is a white blob. Maybe I need new glasses?

At any rate, what is the tooling? Discs of that vintage are usually pretty easy to tell by the tooling. There also were not very many discs then, so you know it's a Cobra or Viper or something like that just by the age.

ontario, CAL. any idea on rarity or value?

I'll bet it's a Cobra.

The stamp would be the only thing somewhat collectible about it. Otherwise it's just a DX Cobra. You really can't call it "rare" because of a stamp. Hell, I've got a bunch of stuff from the 90's that was 1/100 made with that stamp. It doesn't make them "rare."

Generally stamps really don't generate much interest, but this one is a Climo stamp. If you found the right person somebody might overpay for this one. If it was me I'd throw it on ebay and hope for $25, because somebody might go that high for it. It sure as heck ain't worth $25, but somebody might pay that for it.

Last edited:

gotta turn on the "macro" three putt!

Found this the other day.

It is an Innova disc
Weight scales 180g
There was a tourny stamp on it at one time. It was from Southern Championships at Bud Hill TN and Poplarville MS back in 2004

Used a DX Flat top ROC for reference

IMG_6681.jpg

IMG_6673.jpg

IMG_6678.jpg

IMG_6682.jpg

X-Out Disc - Having Trouble Identifying

Ok guys...I am having a tough time identifying this disc. I recently got a used X-Out disc from my buddy. I throw it really well, and it seems stable to slightly understable. It throws really well for me, and I would like to know what it is. At first I thought it might be a Leopard, but it is a little thicker. I have looked over some profile pics, and I just can't figure out which disc it is. If you guys can help, I would really appreciate it. The plastic feels sweet, and it is CAL tooled and is champion plastic (but a little more like CE than today's champion).

Anyway, here is the profile pic. Any help is great appreciated!

X-OUT Disc is on the LEFT / PRO LEOPARD is on the RIGHT
rpb2322email.jpg

I noticed that the wing is close, but not exactly the same. Both have the same sort of ridge. The lip is thicker and it is flatter overall than the Pro Leopard.

I thought maybe it is an older TL or TeeBird. Thoughts? Anyone know from just looking? I will be impressed! ;)

Last edited:
Eagle would be closer to the Leopard than a Teebird. Can't tell if X or L though

EDIT: Huk is probably right

eagle-L for sure.

Yeah, after going through a few more discs, I started thinking it might be an eagle....so here is the disc compared an Eagle X (CE) and an Eagle L (11x). I think it is prob an 11x Eagle X X-Out....the ridge seems a little different to me when compared to the Eagle L.

X-OUT vs. Eagle X
rpb2331email.jpg

X-OUT vs. Eagle L
rpb2328email.jpg

If it is more opaque and feels CEish it may be.. or 11x, not sure though. I have an 11x EL that feels/looks quite similar to my CE Eagle L.. Could very well be the 12x also. I could only speculate given the pic.

Either way, it's probably an Eagle L. If it is, get another one or two and enjoy!

Thanks for the help guys! You solved that mystery quick with the power of digital cameras ;)

It is not opaque...is is so translucent that even the rim lets light through. It feels closer to my CE than my 11x when I compare the 2. It is a little stiffer plastic than the 11x runs. Is the 12x a little stiffer than the 11x? Both the CE and 11x are more opaque. Here is the pic:

rpb2333email.jpg

Thanks for the help guys! You solved that mystery quick with the power of digital cameras ;)

It is not opaque...is is so translucent that even the rim lets light through. It feels closer to my CE than my 11x when I compare the 2. It is a little stiffer plastic than the 11x runs. Is the 12x a little stiffer than the 11x? Both the CE and 11x are more opaque. Here is the pic:

That looks more like a CE Eagle L :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts