• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this the other day.

It is an Innova disc
Weight scales 180g
There was a tourny stamp on it at one time. It was from Southern Championships at Bud Hill TN and Poplarville MS back in 2004

Used a DX Flat top ROC for reference

IMG_6681.jpg
This picture of the tooling tells a lot. It rules out the Cobra. The Cobra and Ontario Roc had "Ontario" below the Innova-Champion. It also rules out the Gazelle as it said "Ontario" on the other side of the tooling where this disc would have the patent #. The two discs that I recall that had this tooling that could possibly have shown up in a 2004 Champ disc were the Viper and Whippet. If it's the same diameter as the Roc, it's a Viper. I'd guess that since the wing doesn't look like a Whippet X wing.

Edit: For older San Marino and Ontario discs, a pic like this or a description of where the text is in the tooling can help a lot. The older discs did not have a uniform format for the core tooling, so a hint like "it says Ontario below the line that says Innova-Champion" can really help narrow things down.

Last edited:
I still have one big remaining question. I believe the plastic probably is CE from the feel, but I haven't seen a clear CE disc before (I have seen translucent CE discs...but never clear).

Anyway, there is a ridge on the wing that is NOT on my 11x Eagle L...see the pics:

My PRO LEOPARD has this same ridge on the wing.

X-Out wing (with ridge):
image002email.jpg

11x Eagle L (no ridge):
image001email.jpg

Did CE Eagle L's have this ridge on the wing? If not, are you 100% sure it is an Eagle L?

I still think it may be a CE Leopard (older mold)...maybe I am crazy.

Last edited:
I am not 100% that it's an Eagle L. Just a guess. Three Putt should be able to settle this for you.. It may very well be a Leopard. Try posting this in the 'ID a disc/what's story' thread.

It's probably just a regular champ leopard. If it was a CE X out it would probably have a dimple somewhere on the disc. CE was known for not filling out the mold completely. The dimples were normally on the inside of the rim or the bottom of the wing. If you like the disc than keep throwing it, it's probably not worth anything more than a champ leopard if it doesn't say CE or Pro Line on it.

The only reason I didn't post this in the ID this disc thread is that I knew it would take multiple pics, and I didn't want to crowd that thread with a ton of pics. This is the first disc I have that I really can't ID. I wish I didn't throw it so well or I would just give up. :D

Also, if it is a regular champ leopard, then why is the profile so different than my pro leopard??? That is what doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, if it is a regular champ leopard, then why is the profile so different than my pro leopard??? That is what doesn't make any sense to me.
What is different? Leopards never had this "older mold" you mentioned. They have had the same mold since the begining. The only other disc with the leopard bottom I have ever seen is the Millennium LFX which was only made in pro plastic and was never approved. If it has the leopard bottom it is probably a leopard. If it is "different" it is probably because you want it to be. If I am wrong please feel free to post pics and prove it. You should have posted it in the other thread as this does not need its own thread to clog up the forum.

Ok, I started another thread, but I was told to post it here. I got this X-Out disc from a buddy of mine. It has a ridge on the wing like my Leos, but the profile is different. It is CAL tooled and it is flatter than my Pro Leopard. It compares better to my L Mold 11x Eagle, but it has that ridge on the wing, so it is more likely a leo. I throw this disc well, so I would really like to know exactly what it is, so I can get a backup. Your help is greatly appreciated!

X-OUT vs Pro Leopard:
rpb2322email.jpg

X-Out vs 11x Eagle L Mold:
rpb2328email.jpg

X-Out ridge on wing:
image002email.jpg

Disc held up to the light:
rpb2333email.jpg

On another note, the plastic is firmer than the 11x's, and it feels similar to my CE discs (I do not have a CE Leopard). I would like to identify the plastic/mold blend.

Thanks!

Wow....I put this in the ID a disc thread with four pics. I don't know why so many people strive to be rude on here rather than just help a guy out.

I would like to buy a backup, but I don't know what to buy. As far as I am concerned, there is no value in an X-out.

AND I POSTED A PIC OF THE PROFILE AGAINST A PRO LEO. It was not the same. If you want to be rude, don't bother posting at all.

For those of you that have been very helpful, thanks! Once I figure out exactly what this is, I can get a backup, so I don't curse the DG gods when I lose it in a creek or lake!

/thread

Last edited:
I told you it was a champ leopard. I am sorry you don't believe me. Sometimes disc come out different in different plastics. Different PLHs and different amounts of dome. That is why it is different than the Pro version.

I told you it was a champ leopard. I am sorry you don't believe me. Sometimes disc come out different in different plastics. Different PLHs and different amounts of dome. That is why it is different than the Pro version.

Cool...that would make it easy to get a few, and I could ditch the pro versions!!!

Didn't say I didn't believe you, but some people first ID'd the disc as an L Mold Eagle :p

This was 100 percent sarcasm. My bad, it doesn't translate well on the internet.

LOL...I knew yours was sarcasm. Something I would have written. ;)

Some people on DGCR seem to treat every poster as the enemy. Like I am trying to just ruin there night and thinking of genius ways to waste there time while they could be trolling other forums!

They identified it as such because they didn't see the ridge in the first pic. The ridge is the dead give away.

Awesome! I think that solves it then. I need to throw champ leos! I appreciate your help steve!

Some people on DGCR seem to treat every poster as the enemy. Like I am trying to just ruin there night and thinking of genius ways to waste there time while they could be trolling other forums!

GTFO, No0B!!! :| :|

;)

Just ignore the people who give you a hard time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.