• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the COC did not have one. It was just smooth velvety white.
Is it maybe an SE Roc? The proto SE Rocs had the COC stamp and didn't have the puddle top. All of the 8X Rocs I've seen had the puddle top.

Not that I'm an expert on 8X Rocs or anything, just thinking out loud on the Internet.

Is it maybe an SE Roc? The proto SE Rocs had the COC stamp and didn't have the puddle top. All of the 8X Rocs I've seen had the puddle top.

Not that I'm an expert on 8X Rocs or anything, just thinking out loud on the Internet.

I have seen both stamps on 8x Rocs but not sure on numbers of each. The SE also had the coc stamp but they are a lot more domey and the plastic is night & day different.

The way to tell the difference between the super rocs and the 8x protos is the protos all have rainbow stamps hence the name rainbow rocs. The rainbows came first and are more rare.

I swear, Rocs have a history and mythology that rivals that of Lord of the Rings. :confused: :rolleyes:
Case in point;
The way to tell the difference between the super rocs and the 8x protos is the protos all have rainbow stamps hence the name rainbow rocs. The rainbows came first and are more rare.

If the rainbow stam is worn, you can throw the disc in fire and and the elvish stamp will glow and still be read. They can only be can only be destroyed by being thrown in a lake at Flyboy.
:p

I'm a pretty avid player, but it's a disc, not a Van Gough!
I'll shut up now. Resume normal programming.
:popcorn:

Last edited:
So are these more rare than the orange ones?

0703121554.jpg

Whats the story on this disc just got it from sugarnot love it. Looks to be a radioactive glo nuke ss from the ams in NY however the stamp i have never seen on another disc.....

Hey guys, long time lurker - first time poster. I found this disc playing a course in NC while I was out of town for a friend's wedding. I called the number on the disc and the guy I got a hold of said to keep it. A year or so later I registered my first (and only) ace while using it at my home course in College Park, MD. I've grown to be really comfortable throwing this disc and would love to find out what it is! I wish I hadn't covered over the guy's contact info or I would have called him back to ask.

Here's what I know about it:

- It feels like Star plastic to me and has a star stamp on it, which I understand means it is a first run edition.

- Its flight pattern and speed are similar to that of a Wraith.

- The writing on the underside that would normally identify it and give its weight is very faded, but I think I can make out a zigzag pattern in the writing that makes me think of a 'W' or several 'V's. Maybe a 'W' and a 'V'.

Pics:
Top:
2db82605.png

Bottom:
8cfbca53.png

Side (with Champion Beast as comparison):
d6926a5e.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

0703121554.jpg

Is there a person on here with the knolodge of WHAT THIS STAMP IS FROM??? The disc is a discraft radioactive glo nuke ss from the ams in new york???? ANYONE???

Sorry for the crummy pic. Stamp reads "Florida Best Shot Championship 2009" Any info would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG0190.jpg
    IMAG0190.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 12
Hey guys, long time lurker - first time poster. I found this disc playing a course in NC while I was out of town for a friend's wedding. I called the number on the disc and the guy I got a hold of said to keep it. A year or so later I registered my first (and only) ace while using it at my home course in College Park, MD. I've grown to be really comfortable throwing this disc and would love to find out what it is! I wish I hadn't covered over the guy's contact info or I would have called him back to ask.

Here's what I know about it:

- It feels like Star plastic to me and has a star stamp on it, which I understand means it is a first run edition.

- Its flight pattern and speed are similar to that of a Wraith.

- The writing on the underside that would normally identify it and give its weight is very faded, but I think I can make out a zigzag pattern in the writing that makes me think of a 'W' or several 'V's. Maybe a 'W' and a 'V'.

Thanks in advance for your help!

A better pic of the side profile would sure help. From the nose thickness it looks like a Monster or a Max. Maybe the marks you see are upside down and used to be a hand drawn star with an M....or just a full blown MAX. Monster is speed 10 and Max is 11, if you want to measure and compare wing widths.

Status
Not open for further replies.