• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ideas to make discs safer

Indeed. I just skip the holes with picnics, fisherman, weddings, etc. The thrower is responsible for all damage, not everyone knows what fore means and many don't think a mere Frisbee can hurt them. Unfortunately a lot of players throw at them as if they are idiots to be near the hole.

yeah I get so pissed when I see people doing this...zero common sense

I'm glad our coarses don't have these problems. Generally, if the popular coarse has more than 5-6 groups on it I head to the other side of the road and have 18 to myself.

Why must anyone cite injury statistics? Are you making the arguement that no one has ever been injured by a driver? Further, while tree damage is an issue, your solution "sucks" most likely in keeping with your ability to play in the woods.

I agree, How many discs get thrown to the number hit people.
Better Question, How many Disc Golfers die on the way to the course in their cars?
Perhaps we should worry about drivers in cars and not drivers on the course.

Why can't everyone live in a house with a white picket fence, 2 dogs and 3 kids? Why can't every tree be protected from all harm? Why can't little babies be born safe and healthy, all people be well fed, and poor people be fat and happy. Oh, poor people are fat?? So what if a few trees get dinged?? Opti, go to bed already! The world and DG have bigger problems. Study up of how many trees and forests died before modern man protected them. A few victims is a small price to pay for my emjoyment.

And don't hit the trees dammit!

Why can't everyone live in a house with a white picket fence, 2 dogs and 3 kids? Why can't every tree be protected from all harm? Why can't little babies be born safe and healthy, all people be well fed, and poor people be fat and happy. Oh, poor people are fat?? So what if a few trees get dinged?? Opti, go to bed already! The world and DG have bigger problems. Study up of how many trees and forests died before modern man protected them. A few victims is a small price to pay for my emjoyment.

And don't hit the trees dammit!

so any suggestions on how discs might be made to be more safe?

Well, according to people much better than I! throw Ions and Axis's. That should do it. MVP omly courses will solve all the world's problems. Trees will live, and people will get fat and happy.

hey i had one, make them whistle so people can hear it coming

Well, according to people much better than I! throw Ions and Axis's. That should do it. MVP omly courses will solve all the world's problems. Trees will live, and people will get fat and happy.

You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.

It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father, are now mine.

Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed!

Young fool... Only now, at the end, do you understand...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.

Now, you will pay the price for your lack of vision!

Last edited:
Problem non existent. Solutions not needed.

More signage wouldn't hurt though, as long as they don't have sharp edges.

Where do you play that hitting people with your discs is ever an issue?

I've never hit anyone but I could see hole 15 at Roscoe Ewing as dangerous if someone doesn't clear the path when throwing from that blind hill. I imagine thats why they cleared out a narrow lane but if you go to thumber over and happen to catch a tree top enough, I've seen where the disc still manages to hit that path really hard.

With the lightweight blizzard discs coming out and knowing the 150g class in asia for safety I was wondering if there might be a movement to make discs safer

I know that there is the flex test and a maximum on thickness of drivers

I am concerned with the ultra high speed discs in ultra hard plastics with masses of weight on the outer rim.....MVP has taken this to another level and I fear there will be a day where technology allows for a disc to have the majority of its weight on the outer rim in a premium plastic. Almost like a Quoit

Anyway I figured it might be interesting to see if there is any practical way to make the discs safer

Remove the blades...I mean FLASHING...The Aurora MS in Q plastic is sharp enough to shave with. Also...remove kids and animals from running out in front of you RIGHT WHEN YOU ARE GETTING READY TO RELEASE...maybe add a kazoo whistle to the disc that makes a sound while the disc is spinning to warn others of an incoming death missile.:thmbup:

You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.

It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father, are now mine.

Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed!

Young fool... Only now, at the end, do you understand...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.

Now, you will pay the price for your lack of vision!

:eek:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I'll never be like you...

Where do you play that hitting people with your discs is ever an issue?

There are several courses around here with blind drives next to walking paths in busy public parks. There are also random people walking their dogs or kids around the park sometimes.