• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idio Syncrasy Disc Golf Shoe

Tell that to Calvin. What he wears can barely be considered shoes at this point. Glorified socks basically.

I liked the Jomez Ledgestone Practice Round video with Calvin, where the show his shoes at the end. Completely worn through at the big toe. Jerm and he make jokes about it somewhere near the beginning of the video, but they don't show a good shot of the shoes until the end.

Looking at the features of the shoe, I don't hate it. Toe cap durability is very important to me when picking out frolf footwear. These look like they could be my "park style course" shoe. (For mountainy courses, I'm always going mid-height hiking boots for the ankle support.)

I'll wait to hear if they last well before dropping that kind of money on a pair. I don't mind paying for durability, but don't really feel like gambling on an unproven product.

The name is regrettable. Maybe they'll come out with a disc golf flip flop next: the Idio Tic.

It's as simple as people's preferences, needs and budgets differ.

I'm all for the free market. Time will tell if these guys can find their niche in the market with their product, brand, and price point.

:popcorn:

I'm interested to see how many big names you'll see actually wearing these. I'd expect not many at all, unless they are sponsored.

Availability on these is going to be scarce for quite a while. They're talking beginning 2022 at earliest and more likely spring 2022. What happens next? Enough profit up to roll right into another production run, or another Kickstarter with a 6 month wait on shoes again?

I still think warranty claims are gonna be a huge mess with these. When you market a shoe exclusively as a dg shoe and make claims about how it's better suited for dg than anything else you're inviting trouble if it doesn't last longer than any other shoe. Hopefully they budgeted a good chunk of change for replacement shoes. They'll either get hammered with replacement claims or turn them away claiming "normal wear and tear" as opposed to "product defect" and make a lot of people mad.

Availability on these is going to be scarce for quite a while.

Availability will be hurting as they have stated they won't be making all sizes for a while (they aren't clear on what happens if you get in on the kickstarter at a price that includes a pair of shoes and they aren't going to make your size). I can't recall if they stated the number, but they did say if they don't get enough requests for a certain size, they won't be making them right away.

If I were interested in the shoe, I'd be waiting to see what sizes they offer or only get in at a low level to get the 'other' goodies. I would not be happy getting in the kickstarter only to be told...thanks for the money, but we don't foresee making your size in the near future. Especially for a shoe that I really don't see a need for.

Availability will be hurting as they have stated they won't be making all sizes for a while (they aren't clear on what happens if you get in on the kickstarter at a price that includes a pair of shoes and they aren't going to make your size). I can't recall if they stated the number, but they did say if they don't get enough requests for a certain size, they won't be making them right away.

If I were interested in the shoe, I'd be waiting to see what sizes they offer or only get in at a low level to get the 'other' goodies. I would not be happy getting in the kickstarter only to be told...thanks for the money, but we don't foresee making your size in the near future. Especially for a shoe that I really don't see a need for.

This guy is the most active kickstarter company I have ever seen, he actually has been making posts asking for rollcall on bigger sizes such as 14 and 15 and looks to be 20-30 per size from the comments on the updates. He also wanted to know how many women were supporting the campaign as well.

I'm interested to see how many big names you'll see actually wearing these. I'd expect not many at all, unless they are sponsored.

Availability on these is going to be scarce for quite a while. They're talking beginning 2022 at earliest and more likely spring 2022. What happens next? Enough profit up to roll right into another production run, or another Kickstarter with a 6 month wait on shoes again?

I still think warranty claims are gonna be a huge mess with these. When you market a shoe exclusively as a dg shoe and make claims about how it's better suited for dg than anything else you're inviting trouble if it doesn't last longer than any other shoe. Hopefully they budgeted a good chunk of change for replacement shoes. They'll either get hammered with replacement claims or turn them away claiming "normal wear and tear" as opposed to "product defect" and make a lot of people mad.

The biggest concern will be fulfilling the kickstarter orders first then depending on supply and materials he will be making them available but as bill said, depends on material supply, size popularity etc.

Quick update: surveys have been sent out to complete our orders, sizes are unisex and will be offered in 5-15 as of now, will post again when I get another update. Oh also there is a Nate sexton color way that is limited edition you can choose for an extra 20$ with all the extra 20 up charge going directly to Nate so it's safe to assume they definitely have a partnership at this point, still debating going with the red ones or the Nate ones if only to support Nate directly

If you ordered Idio Syncrasy shoes....you should have gotten an email on how to figure out your size. Per their Comments page on the Kickstarter....they are still waiting for lots of responses.

Stuck at around 350. Unfortunately, I think it's a matter of the apple ID blocking their email so they don't even know what's going on. It's quite a hassle but I am going to start reaching out to them individually through Kickstarter if possible.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idiodiscgolfshoe/idio-syncrasy-disc-golf-shoe/comments

Small update: shipping is still set for march/April of this year after dealing with supply chain issues and such. Adam Hammes it looks like is sponsored by them now, according to him, he went through about 7-8 pairs of terrex last season, he asked for half that number of syncrasies, 3 weeks into using the production model and he says they're still brand new after playing everyday, he's wearing them for the all star event as well and seems to really like them. Gets me excited to receive my own pair in a couple months hopefully

he went through about 7-8 pairs of terrex last season

I will say, I don't think newer Terrex's are as durable as they used to be. I got a my first pair at the start of 2020 and played that whole year in them. They are worn, but usable. In 2021 I got another pair and after 4 months they were destroyed. I continued to wear them for another few months, but I am back to my original ones until my Idios come in. Cannot wait, I am so excited.

I will say, I don't think newer Terrex's are as durable as they used to be. I got a my first pair at the start of 2020 and played that whole year in them. They are worn, but usable. In 2021 I got another pair and after 4 months they were destroyed. I continued to wear them for another few months, but I am back to my original ones until my Idios come in. Cannot wait, I am so excited.

Yeah I tried terrex in the past and the fit just never seemed to be that great for me, I have been using north face shoes for a few years now but definitely stoked to get the idios

Small update: shipping is still set for march/April of this year after dealing with supply chain issues and such. Adam Hammes it looks like is sponsored by them now, according to him, he went through about 7-8 pairs of terrex last season, he asked for half that number of syncrasies, 3 weeks into using the production model and he says they're still brand new after playing everyday, he's wearing them for the all star event as well and seems to really like them. Gets me excited to receive my own pair in a couple months hopefully

I hope to eat my words but I find it hard to believe that any shoe will be that much more durable. But damn 7-8 pairs of shoes is crazy

I mean, if he "only" goes through 4 pairs this year, that's a 100% durability increase.

It's not that far fetched. I used to go through at least a pair of frolf boots per year, often 2 pairs. I've since switched to Oboz and they last about 18 months.

(But Oboz are spendy. I probably pay the same ~$10/month on disc golf footwear either way.)

I hope to eat my words but I find it hard to believe that any shoe will be that much more durable. But damn 7-8 pairs of shoes is crazy

That was my thought as well but a 3-4 round tournament almost every week plus at least a week of practice rounds, most likely multiple practice rounds a day, for 3/4 of the year, it really adds up for a touring pro like Hammes.

Here is a review video of the idio shoe.

I am not convince that the tread is aggressive enough for Michigan golf. I wish they came with the top cap as an option. I am not a toe dragger in any fashion. The extra weight and rigidity is not desirable for me. Interesting shoe, though. I hope they do well.

Here is a review video of the idio shoe.

I am not convince that the tread is aggressive enough for Michigan golf. I wish they came with the top cap as an option. I am not a toe dragger in any fashion. The extra weight and rigidity is not desirable for me. Interesting shoe, though. I hope they do well.

yah this looks like marketing for beginners/people who dont know better

Here is a review video of the idiot shoe.

Fixed this for you :hfive:

Edit: That moment when you realize you were not the first to make an easy joke about a product name. :(

Last edited:

Latest posts