• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] If you could only carry 3 discs "Windy Edition"

I am looking to fill a small bag with 3-4 discs for the winter. Gets pretty windy in TX in the winter so I am only wanting discs that can hold up in the wind.

Thanks

Wizard
Roc
Teebird
Valkyrie or Saint (for tailwinds)

Last edited:
Picking 3 or 4 "wind discs" is going to leave you severely compromised. Discs react very differently in headwinds, tailwinds, and crosswinds. Keep your regular bag and figure out what each does in different kinds of winds.

Adjust your strategy, not your discs.

With those constraints...

A 170g Star Destroyer would be my upwind driver.

A 169g Star Sidewinder for downwind drives.

The 181g Verdict in Lucid would be my putter and upwind approach.

The 180g Truth in Moonshine for my downwind and anhyzer approach.

If I carried a 5th disc, it'd be a 176g Classic Blend Judge.

I wouldn't carry all beefy meathook discs just because it's windy. Downwind shots are just a troubling as upwind. Having just payed a few months, the extra autumn windiness has me really scratching my head a lot.

Pig, Z Buzzz, Champ Eagle X.

I live at 7k ft so the discs fly more overstable. Even with a 20 mph wind most discs don't get crazy flippy.

158 Blizzard Katana
168 Star Destroyer
175 Watermelon Envy
167 Neutron SE Tesla

And if I had a 5th I'd take my beat 168 G* Destroyer or beat 168 Star Wraith.

I am looking to fill a small bag with 3-4 discs for the winter. Gets pretty windy in TX in the winter so I am only wanting discs that can hold up in the wind.

Thanks

Star FB, S-line PD, ESP Hornet, ESP Zone. if you carry just three, nix the FB.

that's all id need in the wind if i carried 3-4 discs. Normally putt with wizards, so i would recommend that, but i could make a zone work if i needed to keep it to strictly only 3-4 discs.

Last edited:
Picking 3 or 4 "wind discs" is going to leave you severely compromised. Discs react very differently in headwinds, tailwinds, and crosswinds. Keep your regular bag and figure out what each does in different kinds of winds.

Adjust your strategy, not your discs.

Point taken, but, it does get *crazy* windy here in the flat south. I can only throw my Tangents for about half the year in all but the occasional tail wind.

I'd go

Resistor
Crave
Suspect
VP

Which is the core of my bag anyway, partly because I've built it with the wind in mind.

Gui, Yao, Firebird, Ape and I'm good to rool.

That is part of the OS portion of my normal bag, and I've had great success with that lineup.

Lucid Felon - Fairway
Opto Saint Pro - Distance
Lucid Enforcer - long distance
Z Hornet - midrange
Lucid Suspect midrange and putting

If I could only take Three it would be the Suspect, Felon, and Saint Pro

Fresh KC Aviar
McPro Roc3
C-FD2

If I can carry 2 drivers, take out the FD2 and use Champ Firebird and C-FD.

GStar Destroyer - Headwind and right to left wind driving duties
Icon Patriot - Tailwind and right to left wind
Z-Buzzz / Buzzz OS - Anything under 250
opto Pure - putting and upshots