• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If You Could Only Carry 5 Discs - Which Do you Choose and Why?

Reko - Putt and approach
Uplink - Hyzerflip, turnovers
Kaxe Z - Main driver, hyzers, sidearm
Falk - Long S curves, hyzerflip, turnovers
Firebird - Scramble, skip shots, sidearm

I'd miss my Wave for max distance, especially with a slight headwind.

Soft Wizard
Z Flx Zone
Opto Claymore
DX Eagle
Lucid Felon

That's pretty much my bag nowadays minus a Champ Eagle and maybe a Comet and less beat up Wizard

Champion Wraith (flat-top)
Eclipse Insanity
Neutron Crave
Fission Reactor
Neutron Envy

Envy
Zone
Comet
Thunderbird
Pharaoh

I'd miss a few of my Fairway driver slot shots with this kit, but the first 4 give me the versatility I'm comfortable with for most courses. A Pharaoh from one of the more neutral runs is the disc that just clicks with me to get the long drives.

It's fun to reflect on how things change over time.

Around here you're usually in the woods within 300' or going for a big yeet to an upshot.

Right now I'd probably go:

Somewhat beat Pig (after lots of 1 or 2 disc rounds I like putting with them too now, don't kill me)
Zone
Comet
Wraith
Shryke (I lost all of my good Pharaohs!)

Berg
Reko
Kaxe
Sidewinder
Thunderbird

I really want a Wraith in there, but the extra distance doesn't make that much of a difference. Also no Utility because the only time I need that is when I suck.....which is always......but I'd like to think that I don't.

So I just got to try this idea out. Back before the pandemic I travelled a bunch for work, so for Xmas in 2019 the family got me a standard sized NutSac to take in my carry-on. Of course Covid hit and travel stopped, and now I'm out on the road again but nowhere near as much as before. I spent a couple days in Albuquerque last week, and of course I took my NutSac with me. The line up was:

Neutron Wave
Neutron Inertia
Star Teebird
Elite Z Buzzz
Opto Pure

The verdict? I could hit alot of my lines but I definitely wished I had my whole bag with me, while at the same time being happy that I didn't have to hump it through 4 airports (turns out it's not easy to get to ABQ from Detroit if you're flying Delta...).

5/6/21:

Clutch
Buzzz (missed you buddy!)
Drone
Valkyrie
Xcaliber

I'll split this time short and long courses.

Short:

Berg
Clutch
Comet
Drone
??? Maybe Firebird/Xcal for trick shots or just a Teebird

Long:

Clutch
Drone
Roadrunner
Thunderbird
Xcal

putter, mid, fairway, control driver, distance driver...in a bag of some sort that I post about in this forum.

Imagine you are about to play a tournament and, for some bizarre reason, rules state you can only play 5 discs. Which 5 would you choose, and why?

My picks:

1. All Purpose Driver: MVP Wave - middle of the road stable and my best distance disc

2. Over Stable Driver: Latitude64 Bolt - for when I need a lot of fade at the end or to hyzer bomb

3. Under Stable Mid Range: Westside Hatchet - thrown flat this disc just wants to go to the right without turning over more than any other disc I've thrown

4. Stable Mid Range: Innova Gator - it just works for me, okay?

5. Putter: Discraft Soft Banger GT - rubbery grip plus wide groove thumb fits in, just a great putter

Avenger SS
Avenger
Comet
Buzzz
Roach

Spirit (OS Stuff and sneaky distance)
H3v2 (control driver, distance and can cover some fairway stuff)
Teebird (Stable to overstable fairway stuff)
Squall (buzzz stuff and flippy fairway stuff)
Envy (electron kinda broken in thrower/putting putter)

Hardest bit is learning to putt Envys better

JCassidy messed my 5 disc bag up bad adding the Chameleon to the line up and my bag
Now my 5 disc bag is

Spirit
Anax
Chameleon
Buzzz
Serpent

Serpent for putting and berg like approaches (plus some extra distance potential
Chameleon covers so much from flippy distance to shot shaping fairway and powers down to cover OS mid type shots if I want.
Anax covers both distance and OS better than most control drivers.
Spirit, even my beat in one that makes the 5 disc bag handles so much wind and utility while covering a lot of ground

Lost my long straight anax... so mixing up a few discs then. I do play 5 to 9 disc rounds often.

Komodo
Sparkle Hurricane
Chameleon
Buzzz
Serpent

Hope it doesn't get too windy and I miss my spirit, but I can FH this much better, and I have plenty of wind fitghting with the komodo, just not big distance wind

175+ K1 Berg (in the bag for all eternity)
175+ ProFlex P Model US+ (you Opto Pure throwers don't know what you're missing!)
175 Hyper Diamond Demon
175 beat Icon Rival OR Barela TB3 (CAN'T DECIDE!)
175 Color Glow Star Wraith (give me a GStar Destroyer or Corvette on lengthy courses)

Bring it!

Last edited:
Lately I have been playing mostly wooded courses and this is all I have been using.

K3 Berg
Yeti Pro Aviar
Atomic Piwakawaka
Star Eagle
DX Teebird

Not much I can't do with 4 Comets and a Fierce. Give me my light weight ESP, 2 light Z, and heavy Big Z Comets, and that covers just about every line I'd need.

Need suggestions.

I do pure, mako 3, uplink, sidewinder, thunderbird.

Thinking of going envy, uplink, stable mid? Virus, wrath

Which mvp/axiom mid will be a little more os than my mako?

Will the wrath be a good thunderbird?
Is the virus similar enough to star sidewinder?