• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you were sponsored: Prodigy

Spike Hyzer

Birdie Member
Part 5 of the series. The point is to post your current bag and how you would convert it if you were sponsored.

Warden - PA3
PA4 -
Opto Pure - PA3
Harp - PA1
M4 -
Buzz - M3
Verdict - M2/M1
Justice - H1?
XXX - H1
FD - F2, F3, F5, F7
Felon - H2
PD - H3
D2 -
D1 -

I feel like the prodigy lineup is almost there. I feel like they are lacking a warden/pure like disc (I am not really one for beads) and a low profile over stable putter and mid. Once they get fill those slots, I could rock a prodigy bag. I would need some time figuring out the F series though. Never thrown any of them. I love the D series and just ordered a new 400G D3 to try out.

Wizard - PA3 ( BARF, not stoked on that)
Scale - PA1 or maybe nothing
I'd find a reason to use the PA4. I think it's their best putter
Rocs- various M's. The M lineup is nice. Haven't thrown it enough to know exactly where I'd land but it would work for sure
Whippet - H1 no problem
Various TB - no idea. But the f series seems nice, I'd figure it out
FD3 - H2. I might bag an H3 too, I've heard great things about it.
Xcal and Destroyer - D1 and D3. No problem.

I think prodigy has a really solid lineup, and their plastic feels great too. With their lineup it would interesting to see if I went with my usually mold minimalist setup or used a bunch of molds from each line. It's temping to take the 400/750 plastics and just use 3-5 molds in each lineup.

One thing I've learned from this "If you were sponsored" exercise: everybody has great highspeed drivers. I could find a really solid driver line up from virtually every brand. It's the other stuff that separates these companies from each other

Let's see:

Prodigy stamped Wizard

Prodigy stamped Comet
Prodigy stamped Roc

Prodigy stamped Leopard
Prodigy stamped Teebird
Prodigy stamped Valkyrie
Prodigy stamped Firebird

Yep, that'll do

Wizard - PA3 ( BARF, not stoked on that)
Scale - PA1 or maybe nothing
I'd find a reason to use the PA4. I think it's their best putter
Rocs- various M's. The M lineup is nice. Haven't thrown it enough to know exactly where I'd land but it would work for sure
Whippet - H1 no problem
Various TB - no idea. But the f series seems nice, I'd figure it out
FD3 - H2. I might bag an H3 too, I've heard great things about it.
Xcal and Destroyer - D1 and D3. No problem.

I think prodigy has a really solid lineup, and their plastic feels great too. With their lineup it would interesting to see if I went with my usually mold minimalist setup or used a bunch of molds from each line. It's temping to take the 400/750 plastics and just use 3-5 molds in each lineup.

One thing I've learned from this "If you were sponsored" exercise: everybody has great highspeed drivers. I could find a really solid driver line up from virtually every brand. It's the other stuff that separates these companies from each other
I totally agree. I find the high speed drivers and mids are pretty easy in each company. The putters and fairways seem to be the toughest for me. But each company definitely has its strengths and weaknesses for each player.

Current bag is basically a mix of Prodigy and Innova (Just started last year and these were the only brands the local store had to offer).
Drivers:
Prodigy 400G D4
Prodigy 400 D3
Prodigy 750 X1
Innova Star Boss
Innova GStar Daedalusx2

Fairway Drivers/Hybrids:
Prodigy H3
Prodigy H4
Prodigy F2
Prodigy F5
Prodigy F7
Innova Champ TL
Innova Champ TeeBird

Mid-Ranges:
Prodigy M2
Prodigy M4 (AMAZING DISC)
Innova Champ Roc3
Innova McPro Roc3 (I have 1 I am testing, but got 3 as a gift, so going to break them in to fill in any role needed)

Putters:
Prodigy PA2 (for Driving)
Innova Nova (for driving/scary hill approaches)
Prodigy PA4 (For putting)
Innova McPro Aviar (Testing out for putting to see which I like more)

If I were to be sponsored, I would just have to fill in a stable to slightly OS mid like a M3 or slightly understable M2. And then try to find the right putter. I don't like beads so the PA3 is out the door, but have gotten some luck from the PA4, which I do like to anhyzer putt, so it works great. I do not have the best arm strength, only throw 300-330 max if i get a tailwind. So I throw mostly understable drivers to get them to S-Curve flex for distance. H4 is an amazing hyzer flip disc.

I don't know the prodigy lineup that well at all, so this was an interesting exercise. (In fact, these "If you were sponsored threads" have helped me learn a lot.)

Ridge = 300 PA2 I like beaded putters, but not enough to go with the PA4. Yuck. The 300 series putter plastic is awesomely firm and grippy though.

Roc3 = 400 M2
Fuse = 750 M4 I think. Would have to test it against the M5, which might be too flippy.

Teebird = 400 F2 I guess, but it seems more Eagle-ish than Teebird-y.
River = 400 F5 would be fine.

FB = stiff 750 H1 would work perfectly fine.
PD = 400 H2 for the C-line and 750 H3 for the G-Line. Probably would test a lot of them.
Tern = 400G D4 is too fast, but that's all they really. Would have to wait on the H5-H7.

Dunno if I would like this set up. Would definitely be missing my fairway drivers and putters.

Magnet/Atom - PA4
Buzzz - M3
Suspect - M2
BuzzzOS - M1 (meh)
EXP1 - F1
FD2 - F2
QJLS - F7
Flick - H1
Firebird - H2
Thunderbird - H3
Destroyer - D3
D1 - D1

The hardest part for me would me the mids and putters.

Let's see:

Prodigy stamped Wizard

Prodigy stamped Comet
Prodigy stamped Roc

Prodigy stamped Leopard
Prodigy stamped Teebird
Prodigy stamped Valkyrie
Prodigy stamped Firebird

Yep, that'll do

:clap:

Mine's easy enough since the majority of my bag is currently Prodigy:

X1
D1
D2
D3
flippier D3

H1
11x Firebird --> H2
11x Firebird --> H3
Sidewinder --> stable F7

F2
F3
F5
straight to slightly flippy 11x Eagle-X --> seasoned F3 or F5
very flippy 11x Eagle-L --> very flippy F7

... might just carry one F7 and not two

Gator --> retooled M1
M2
Buzzz --> M3
M4

4x Pa3: two for putting, two for driving/approaching

And have to circle hug jump around like a bunch of poofters when my team mate wins?

Back to Whamo!

boy, this thread died quick! Is there that much Prodigy apathy out there?

Serpent - PA3.14
Polecat - PA1000100100110010
Breaker - ERROR 404
Nebula - MI5
Fuse - MS-13
Squall - M1A1
Banshee - F-16
Eagle - FU
Heat - H1N1
Sword - ↑,↑,↓,↓,←,→,←,→,B,A
King - DB13
Giant - DBZ