• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The whole Terry/Discontinuum thing from a few years ago really sucked. Each state coordinator is careful about not having events run close to each other on the same weekend, but there isn't much communication with coordinators from other states. As a result, there will be a weekend here and there where there are tournaments on the same weekend close to the border. Let the players figure out where they want to go, but don't go out of your way saying that the other guy is trying to screw you over. keep that to yourselves. The players just want to throw some discs, dammit :p

what 'Rib said. I dont get why, if the criteria is met, we couldnt expand this to ANY CLUB that was willing to travel and compete. I think having a group of people willing to cross state lines or 'pop up' and take whatever sort of trophy it may be, would be awesome.

Unless it already is, I think the winning club should be able to decided what course that challenge is at the following year (only rule being it can't be a home course for the 'home' club)

what 'Rib said. I dont get why, if the criteria is met, we couldnt expand this to ANY CLUB that was willing to travel and compete. I think having a group of people willing to cross state lines or 'pop up' and take whatever sort of trophy it may be, would be awesome.

Unless it already is, I think the winning club should be able to decided what course that challenge is at the following year (only rule being it can't be a home course for the 'home' club)

Well, since this is a DISContinuum Club Challenge, DISContinuum is in charge of organizing it and picking out a venue. They try to move it around so that it's not home course for someone every time. Last year it was at Grey Fox, 2011 was at Streamwood, 2010 at Lippold, 2009 at Bartlett, etc.

I know other clubs organize their own challenges. I remember playing at Oswego when Fox Valley challenged DISContinuum.

Another thing to keep in mind is numbers. Last year the club challenge participated at Grey Fox because it offered a 27 hole loop, supporting more than 72 players. This year is at Mokena for the same reason - 27 holes. If you open this up to every club in the midwest you're looking at a totally different event that would require a lot more planning and resources. This is meant to be as a small friendly cross-town rivalry thing.

The practical aspect is that with the 5 clubs involved already (Discontinuum, J-town, GRABM, FVM, Disc Golfers' Union) we do fill (and have overfilled) this event.

If you want to play in the club challenge, it's simply a matter of joining one of these clubs. For most of them, $15 gets you minimally membership and a bag tag.

I'm not sure if all of these are still around.......Not sure about the fly mart thing (I don't think its a club, but I could be wrong) And two of these clubs listed on here are based in Indiana......By my count there are 19 clubs in Illinois..........I understand that geography/population plays a roll in the abundancy, but IMO I don't think Illinois needs another club. It would be nice to see one governing body that overlooks the existing clubs........essentially making sure that petty territorial disputes are nipped in the butt. Call me idealistic, but I think something along these lines would really do wonders for disc golf in Illinois.

I'm gonna start a thread in General disc golf chat trying to find out how many clubs are in each state.......to see where Illinois stands. I'm gonna guess that Illinois is on the high end.....but I'm not sure because I don't know yet.

Here is the link I found that lists the current clubs in Illinois
http://www.illinoisdiscgolf.com/illinks.html

It was last updated in late 2011, so if anybody knows of more, or of any that do not exist, let me know

Thanks

I think IVCC in Oglesby kind of has a club. BN Disc on there? Any Quad City stuff?
What about college clubs? U of I? Does ISU have one?
I wouldn't be surprised to see another Joliet club pop up...

Don't forget Valet Kings :p

We're not official but I know some of the guys are itchin' to just get the paperwork over with and make it legit. I don't know why.

sorry to upset but i will not be able to make the trinity tourney =/ gotta celebrate a birthday =/ but i will try and be at eagle on sunday for bag tags =D

Status
Not open for further replies.