• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... The legendary railroad engineer Casey Jones, who was killed when his train crashed on April 30, 1900, lived in Jackson, TN. We can only wonder what he was really doing...?:rolleyes:

fun facts with WCG.;)

Cedar Hill is one of my favs in Nashville TN (moderately wooded,very hilly). I'll eventually get down to Bud Hill and the Meeman Shelbys. I believe Eastern TN is more mountainous, and probably has some awesome golf, especially in the secretive private course arena.

The more I play in MO, the better it gets. The public stuff around STL is all good and I'm sure KC is the same way, and the private stuff out there is rockin(ie Ozark,Akitas and one more on the way on the McCormack property and Jumpin Joe's DGC)! I just got a line on 5 private courses around Columbia,MO that I'm excited to play eventually.

What type of courses are down in Tennessee? And imma have to say Texas trumps all of you guys =D

East TN actually have more open courses. There are a few wooded ones in Knoxville.

Chatt has the sinks which is all woods

Middle TN we have most of the courses that people talk about here. Cedar Hill, 7 Oaks, Sharp Springs and some very nice private courses. Most of them are wooded with a few open holes.

West TN I have only played a few. Bud Hill was a great course with both open and wooded holes.

All in all a lot of good mix at every course.

I also agree with the MO aspect. I got to play a lot there when I lived there last year. Dave McCormick's courses were awesome. I lived in Rolla with a great new course there.

East TN actually have more open courses. There are a few wooded ones in Knoxville.

Chatt has the sinks which is all woods

Middle TN we have most of the courses that people talk about here. Cedar Hill, 7 Oaks, Sharp Springs and some very nice private courses. Most of them are wooded with a few open holes.

West TN I have only played a few. Bud Hill was a great course with both open and wooded holes.

All in all a lot of good mix at every course.

I also agree with the MO aspect. I got to play a lot there when I lived there last year. Dave McCormick's courses were awesome. I lived in Rolla with a great new course there.

I think I actually played with you at Lions Club, threeputt was showing tallpaul,his buddy and I the course and you came in for the back nine or something.

Did you see Dave is going to put a 3rd course out there? Sound cool, par 63,I think.

re: TN-cedar hill is awesome,I liked 7 oaks a lot too. I'd like to hit Smyrna and the area private course too next time.

Just played BlueGill, solid private course with some sweet water shots and elevation.

How was the tourney? How'd you guys do? End up getting to Oshtemo?

*pesters Mashy w/ questions*

Edit: Incidentally, GDBP and I are still hitting up a couple courses tomorrow if you're interested...

I played terribly, got a mediocre partner so we didn't do all that well, had a good time though on a sweet course. We didn't have time to make it to Oshtemo so we played another round at bluegill, I'll probably rate it at least a 4, it's close to being a 4.5 for me. Shoot me the details about tomorrow, I should be able to make it out at least for the morning.

Sucks re the tourney, but at least you bagged another good course! :)

Shot ya a pm re: plans tomorrow.

Played the Orchid today for the first time. Gotta say it was pretty cool! Decent elevation. Good lines. Good distances. But playing this course in the summer time would be a nightmare!!

I think I actually played with you at Lions Club, threeputt was showing tallpaul,his buddy and I the course and you came in for the back nine or something.

Did you see Dave is going to put a 3rd course out there? Sound cool, par 63,I think.

re: TN-cedar hill is awesome,I liked 7 oaks a lot too. I'd like to hit Smyrna and the area private course too next time.

O ya I remember that. Wish it could have been longer round.

I did see that on FB somewhere. He has more then enough room to make another one. I just really hope his family doesn't get rid of that farm. His Uncle that lives out there is an awesome funny old man. haha

If you did make it back I can take you to a few Private ones if you wanted.

Note to all married disc golfers...NEVER bail on Mother's Day to go disc golfing.

Played the Orchid today for the first time. Gotta say it was pretty cool! Decent elevation. Good lines. Good distances. But playing this course in the summer time would be a nightmare!!

It's absolutely miserable when the rough is long, I won't ever play that course again when it's grown in.

Pine Hills Ice Bowl Saturday, hope to see some of you! I posted this in the tournament thread, but figured I'd post here as well--
Raffle items-
-Free golf round
-Free disc golf round
-Free cart
-10+ discs, including some collectables
-2, $10 Gift certificate to the best local sub shop (Obees)
-Gift basket from Jeremiah Joes Coffee shop
-Vibram shirt
-Vibram hat

Working on more items this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts