• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here doing the Black Bear Dubs in Hoffman Estates on Saturday? If so, you should know that the payouts are unique:

We will be breaking the field into flights upon completion of play based on score. Example: If we have 21 teams we will break the group up into 3 different flights. A-Flight will consist of the top 7 scores plus ties. B-Flight will consist of the next 7 lowest scores plus ties, and C-Flight will consist of the remaining teams. This way no matter what teams shoot they have a chance to win. Prizes will be awarded to the top 2 teams in each flight. Number of flights will be determined before tee off and is based on the number of entries.

TL;DR: Unless you know beyond a shadow of a doubt you can place top 2, making money will be a coin flip.

Isn't it more like, BAAAAAAAG that first round as much as you can?

Not too much though, you have to still be in position to come in 15th if you want the big bucks.

Hm, that makes it less open to people gaming the system, but it also makes it completely random.

Ah, gotcha. That's stupid.

Those payouts look like they need a bit more explaining for me......My head started to hurt when I read that. I would just call them to get a better explanation........IMO they should just change it to an ace race (considering you don't need to move the tees or baskets any closer to accomplish that format):D

Those payouts look like they need a bit more explaining for me......My head started to hurt when I read that. I would just call them to get a better explanation........IMO they should just change it to an ace race (considering you don't need to move the tees or baskets any closer to accomplish that format):D

Oh, I followed up for sure:

There is some luck involved in this format. The idea is to have more winners regardless of skill levels. Prizes are still being awarded to the top 2 teams in the field. Having multiply flights allows everyone a chance to win. Breaking the flights by score at the end also allows for any cheating from moving up to the 7th spot or down to the 7th spot as groups are unaware of the scores. Once all the scores are posted we will move the score sheets in order based on score. This will create some fun while people are trying to figure out where they fall. In past events we have had the same people in contention for the top spots this format will allow for a variety of skill levels to enjoy the event. We are looking to grow participation and provide some excitement for those who otherwise wouldn't have a chance at winning.

Sounds fun, don't it? :sick:

If they just did random draw you would think that would solve a lot of those problems (ie cheating, sandbaggin or two really good players showing up and taking it all).

You may as well take that 35 bucks and put it all on red......

This sounds like an event a I would take my son to and be his partner. He's 9 and just started playing....I would kick ass out there and take everyone's money.

However, in the format that I read of, the event sounds just like something Midwest Disc Golf would perform and I am not interested in participating. On the other hand, you have to realize that the event is non-sanctioned. Therefore, it can be ran just like a clinic if they want....also sounds like something Midwest Disc Golf would perform and I am not interested in participating in that either.

LOL........If anyone goes and see's Jenny and Matt minis for prizes then you know they were involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.