• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got any tips for blue tees at The Oaks? I only played them once last year so I don't remember them that well.

There are a few holes where the line shape changes a little bit, but like mash said they are just a little longer than the whites (Id say about 50ft on average). Not sure what kind of d you get, but you might pull out a driver or a mid rather than a putter or a mid.........still deuce or die minus a few of the longer ones(7/8)........Add 5 or 6 strokes to what you average from the whites.

I would compare in difficulty in playing the shorts vs the longs at west park. IMO

Ace #2 this year, wahoo!

#5 at Kaneland High School. Skip ace off the pavement, barely heard a sound and found it chilling in the basket.

154 Champ Teebird on a nice hyzer line. Probably around 250'-275' or so (no distances posted).

3d7e44eb.jpg

It's a crap picture; the basket is just to the left of the two little pine trees by the light pole.

There are a few holes where the line shape changes a little bit, but like mash said they are just a little longer than the whites (Id say about 50ft on average). Not sure what kind of d you get, but you might pull out a driver or a mid rather than a putter or a mid.........still deuce or die minus a few of the longer ones(7/8)........Add 5 or 6 strokes to what you average from the whites.

I would compare in difficulty in playing the shorts vs the longs at west park. IMO

Thanks for the help, I'm hoping that just playing smart golf will work well enough from the blues at this point.

also, congrats GDBP!

i dont know if anyone has been to highland since the storm but there are large trees down on quite a few of the holes. Holes 4,6,13,14,17 and18 all have new obstacles.They completely change the shots if you want an extra challenge at highland id get out there and play it before they clean it up. It was alot of fun.

Ace #2 this year, wahoo!

#5 at Kaneland High School. Skip ace off the pavement, barely heard a sound and found it chilling in the basket.

154 Champ Teebird on a nice hyzer line. Probably around 250'-275' or so (no distances posted).

3d7e44eb.jpg

It's a crap picture; the basket is just to the left of the two little pine trees by the light pole.

lol my dad made that course...

i dont know if anyone has been to highland since the storm but there are large trees down on quite a few of the holes. Holes 4,6,13,14,17 and18 all have new obstacles.They completely change the shots if you want an extra challenge at highland id get out there and play it before they clean it up. It was alot of fun.

Damn, so that means when they do clean it up, it'll be less challenging? :( :(

lol my dad made that course...

Right on! Not too shabby! I played with a local out there, he said his dad plays too. Maybe they know each other.

@gdbp Nah the ones that fell werent important guardian trees. They were all trees from the sides of the fairways that are now laying across the fairways.

Ace #2 this year, wahoo!

3d7e44eb.jpg

wooot wooot!!!

For anyone who wanders through Avery Park, the one bit of storm damage is there's a large tree that's half-down on where the break to the right is on hole 9. The tree's split, and is being supported by a tree on the other side of the path.

I'm not sure how sturdy it is, so watch it if you're going through there.

Yeah, Highland Park did get hit by the storms on Friday. None of the trees/branches that got knocked down are critical for play - just make for some unfavorable lies on the fairways until they get cleared. The only exception is hole 4 where an over the top hyzer route opened up for people that leave their first drive short off the long tee. I took some pictures when I was there.

Hole 3 almost got nailed by this fallen tree:
KXUux.jpg

Trees that came down on hole 4. First picture is from the side walking up to the white tee, the second picture is from the white tee.
osNhK.jpg

lncA5.jpg

Tree down across hole 6's fairway:
NLrV4.jpg

How did I miss that one going in? Has it been around long?

Our good friend Dave aka whitechocolate posted it on Discontinuum.

Pretty sure it is Chicagoland's newest addition to our long list of 9 hole courses. :thmbup:

I am hoping traffic doesn't suck too much leaving the Loop this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts