• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang dude!:thmbup::hfive: Details?......:popcorn:

My first round I shot a +5, not terrible but not great either. Out of 9 people, I was only ahead of 2 and tied with 2 more, the leader shot even. The second round I had the hot round in advanced, shot even and jumped all but one guy who only beat me by a stroke, tied two others who had been way ahead of me. I had plenty of crappy shots, but parking 18 and having a drop in 3 on hole 5 almost made up for it.

Ashleigh notched her first win in advanced women today despite rough starts to both rounds, she came back twice from 6 strokes behind another gal and ended up with the hot score both rounds.

My first round I shot a +5, not terrible but not great either. Out of 9 people, I was only ahead of 2 and tied with 2 more, the leader shot even. The second round I had the hot round in advanced, shot even and jumped all but one guy who only beat me by a stroke, tied two others who had been way ahead of me. I had plenty of crappy shots, but parking 18 and having a drop in 3 on hole 5 almost made up for it.

Ashleigh notched her first win in advanced women today despite rough starts to both rounds, she came back twice from 6 strokes behind another gal and ended up with the hot score both rounds.

That's awesome! I wish I could have made it up there!

The temp holes were fun. Between 1 and 2 there was a little 250' shot with a tight triple mando off the tee and a short dogleg right. After 18 there were two temp holes, the first was a 760' uphill bomb with tight ob around an elevated basket (on a picnic table). The second played across the park road to the practice bucket with an island green roped off, it was a 275' shot but had enough trees that it was tough to land on the island from the tee.

do they do this every weekend at marengo?? ive played there 4 times and im pretty good there would like to give it a go and see how i end up against others i almost aced hole 10 there bounced off basket

Nope, it was part of the Illinois Open Series of tournaments. I think there was a tournament there this spring as well, not sure if there is any kind of weekly league out there.

is there any other other courses hosting this open series tourney im out the loop on most things when it comes to this thanx again for the fast responces

is there any other other courses hosting this open series tourney im out the loop on most things when it comes to this thanx again for the fast responces

Here is this year's IOS schedule, looks like one more event in the fall at a TBD course.

You can also look at the PDGA schedule for any sanctioned tournaments coming up, it lists all tournaments around the world every weekend, so you have to dig a little to find the ones around you.

Dgmapper is a cool site that pulls event information from a few different places and lets you look at it in map form to see what's coming up around you.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Dmbrun and I had an awesome trip, Rogers Lakewood is an incredible course. Just, wow! I think Lemon was slightly over shadowed by playing Lakewood first, and were a little wore out from Lakewood and Blues at Lemon when it came time for Silver. I really liked Silver, fun long and technical. We then we played around 12 at Red and opt to hit up Buffalo Wild Wings and make a mad dash for Community on the way back. Great trip overall!

Just got done playing here in Texas. In was fricken bad ass and not as hot today with was nice! Can't wait to be back to illinois for state! Anybody playing Sunday?

playing kress kreek and black bear tomorro! any1 played either recently? updates??? seen some1 wrote up a review sayin ticks but also fairways were mowed at kkf ?? thanx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.