• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It was Midwest Disc Golf that had put in the course. I could tell by the tee signs when I played it on Sunday (I aced hole 12).

I never have written a review and I really don't plan on it. Sorry, I'm a player not a reviewer. However, I do know what I like and don't like.

North Salk Park isn't a horrible course. I thought the branch hanging in front of the first tee needed to go. Hole 7 did not need to be there due to the basket being in the fairway of hole 6. I can see a biker coming around the corner on the path on hole 6 and getting whacked by a big drive. It really should have been a 9 hole layout.

I did like hole 3 and the "pro" tee for 4. Hole 8 was interesting only because it had some length and the creek that runs along the right side of it. Oh, and hole 12 was awesome.....because I aced it!

It's always a shame when other park activities interferes with a course. That should NEVER happen!

^^Careful......somebody might take what you said out of context and run to the park districts (with a copy) and cry wolf.........:|

^^Careful......somebody might take what you said out of context and run to the park districts (with a copy) and cry wolf.........:|

I really don't care what Midwest DG does anymore. Honestly, i think it is great that they can get courses into the ground. However, they really should get some outside input on their designs. Each layout seems to have liability issues somewhere on the course. And that sucks!

The conflicts with other park uses on many of their courses are a major issue. It's almost as egregious how much they push for easy courses that avoid the trees and other park features available in parks. It's no wonder chicagoland disc golf has the reputation for flat boring open short courses in too busy parks when our most prolific course designers have made that their signature.

What baskets to they (Midwest) instal when they design? Maybe some complaints to the right people could help stop them.

So..... It sounds like the whole community needs to ensure that they can't dig their claws into the Oakbrook redesign, huh.

I will dig up that e-mail address and send a plea before week's end.

BTW, since we are on the Oak Brook subject dose anyone know who is designing it? I drove by last weekend. There is a pond in the old #9 fairway. I didn't see any improvements as far as disc golf though. :thmbdown:

That pond was always there... After a heavy rain at least.

I believe that they are waiting for things to settle down as far as with what is going on.

They are putting in a synthetic soccer field, detention pond, sled hill, and a maintenance building. The only holes that were untouched were 3 and 6. Only 6 is still usable for a future, respectable layout.

The conflicts with other park uses on many of their courses are a major issue. It's almost as egregious how much they push for easy courses that avoid the trees and other park features available in parks. It's no wonder chicagoland disc golf has the reputation for flat boring open short courses in too busy parks when our most prolific course designers have made that their signature.

It is a shame that so many courses designed by the same person/company share the same safety issues. Apparently, there have not been enough complaints and/or incidents to cause a real change in the way they design and install courses.

What baskets to they (Midwest) instal when they design? Maybe some complaints to the right people could help stop them.

North Salk Park has new Innova Discatchers like this one...

images

Any of you Chicago landers come up to Madison at all? Do you gots a tag? Should I get one? COME VISIT OUR COURSES. :)

Any of you Chicago landers come up to Madison at all? Do you gots a tag? Should I get one? COME VISIT OUR COURSES. :)

Hard to convince yourself to drive 3 hours to get to a crowded course with a wait on every tee :) I love Madison area courses, but if I do get out there it's usually an early morning thing so I could get out of there by noon when the crowds hit in full force.

Status
Not open for further replies.