• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be at Fairfield Thursday mid-morning through part of Friday doing final marking. I could probably use someone to help line up the laser measuring and anyone is welcome to watch. Please let me know.

I'd love to help out but my M-F, 9-5 work schedule does not allow it this week.

I hope someone else can get out there for you. :thmbup:

Yep, I'm also stuck in the 9-5.

Has anyone been out to Valpo lately? I'm wondering if the holes are back in on the sledding hill. I know they pull them for the winter but I'm not sure if they're back in. I'm debating going down there either Saturday or Sunday.

middle park is in pretty good shape for all of you playing the rumble this weekend, i was quite surprised it was so good today considering all the rain we have had around here

How is the new 2-7 hole layout at middle? I haven't had a chance to play it since they reconfigured it.

How dry are the courses in your area?

Since the forecast for the weekend is actually looking fairly nice.....................

I am finally looking to get out to play after taking the winter off, I am looking for someplace that is somewhat dry.

So...how are the courses in your area?
Please name the courses and area you are mentioning.

I am willing to drive a few hours from SE Wisconsin.

Grey Fox in Silver Lake is dry and in good shape, unless you have a really bad throw on 17. Red Fox on the other hand was flooded on Monday, up to almost the bottom of the basket on 7, tees for 4, 7, 8,and 9 were covered in water.

The Joliet area is good. The only course that is still kinda nasty in that area is chanahon. It will prolly be better by the weekend though

if anyone wants a brand new dave wiggins tour series boss theres a blue one in the lake at black bear by the hole 5 tee. guess it wasn't as stable as i thought it went 400' in the wrong direction.

That's a scary line I clipped the smallest twig hanging off that big tree hanging over the creek. It fell straight down in the luckly I could see and had a big stick.

Ahhhh ok, that makes sense! I liked taking the hyzer route on 4 till my hand got screwed.
Also on hole 2, I feel there is a big hyzer over the top... But it's a pretty big throw and very stoopid unless doing it for fun. Out of almost 10 attempts I've only put it close twice. Lol

Ahhhh ok, that makes sense! I liked taking the hyzer route on 4 till my hand got screwed.
Also on hole 2, I feel there is a big hyzer over the top... But it's a pretty big throw and very stoopid unless doing it for fun. Out of almost 10 attempts I've only put it close twice. Lol

I like to throw an annhyzer around the trees by the 18th tee and hope I don't hit a tree

If the river doesn't wash it away first, there's a Star Teebird in the drink by hole 3 at Avery Preserve.
If somebody fishes it out, enjoy, and throw it better than I did.

If anyone goes out to Marengo or silver lake today can I get an update. Planning a trip tomorrow.

At Silver Lake the Grey Fox is in great shape. 17 has some water(puddles) 15 feet past the short pin position(the basket is in the long) so if you have a really bad throw it might get wet but it would be easy to retrieve.

The Red Fox on the other hand is only sort of playable. 3, 6, and 7 have water within feet of the basket and 8 has water 10-15 feet to the left of the basket. I didn't look but I think that long 4,7 and 9 tee pads might be under water or really really muddy.

It dried up a lot from Friday to Saturday so there is a chance that it might dry enough that you could play the Red Fox from the concrete tees tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.