• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

One round in Springfield Illinois and one on the way driving to Kalamazoo Michigan. What two couses? No Michigan though, I have played those, and will play them later in my trip. Thanks for any feedback.

In Springfield hit up Lincoln park. 2 courses on the same property. Solid courses. On the way to Michigan stop at either highland park in Joliet, IL or lemon lake is always an option

Another option is to hit up a course in the Peoria il area instead of Springfield. Much better courses such as northwood park in Morton, il or mcnaughton park in Pekin, il. Eureka and ICC are good too but if you only have time for one Morton or mcnaughton are the ones to pick from

Rogers Lakewood is a really fun course. All the courses at Lemon Lake are currently in the worlds layouts, so if that interests you it's a pretty cool stop.

The new Oak Brook layout was designed by Steve Matul, Michael Rott, and Matt Cook.

There were several other people that assisted with the installation of the course. Midwest Disc Golf had nothing to do with any design or installation of the course.

The original course was established around 1993 by Bob Ryan. That course was pulled in order to build the Recreation Center that is currently there. Those baskets were then installed at Lombard.

Midwest Disc Golf keeps deleting the designers and changing the year established on the Course Information page for the course. They are doing this to suit their needs and is quite shady if you ask me.

Doubles will start at Oak Brook on Sunday, Sept. 1, 2013 at 10:00 am. Still $7 and we will be playing from the white tees (pavers). Please park by the basketball courts since that is the easiest point to distribute people on the course.

Sounds like you're primed for a ROAD TRIP!!!!!!

Doubles will start at Oak Brook on Sunday, Sept. 1, 2013 at 10:00 am. Still $7 and we will be playing from the white tees (pavers). Please park by the basketball courts since that is the easiest point to distribute people on the course.

Are concrete tees only from the whites? Also are the signs in? I'm planing on playing the new layout Saturday and wanted to plan ahead

Brick from all the longs, and at the very worst artificial turf on the shorts (all the ones I played at least). Signs weren't in the posts as of Tuesday, but the posts have the hole numbers.

Map on the course page is dead on, though.

Part 3? Oh my god... The nostalgia...

For those of you who don't know me, I'm ArcheType. It was just over three years ago my timid attempt at meeting players in my area culminated in the first ever Illinois members thread (later renamed Illianasconsinigan members) meet up session.

On August 21, 2010, after warming up on a few holes and waiting on the full group's arrival, the first full game played contained Noill Golf, and myself versus WorldsCoolestGuY and jasonc in a doubles match for a dollar at Shorewood Park. Noill and I managed to narrowly eek out a victory, in part largely in part to my home field advantage, as opposed to any talent :p Sadly, jasonc had to depart after the game, but Noill, WGC, and I pressed on to Highland Park, where we discovered WCG's arch nemesis, the DGA MACH III basket. Due to the often comical spit outs of WCGs Challenger, it became a much more casual and community orientated game, with scores mattering less and fun mattering more. After this game, we headed back to our respective monitors and smartphones to begin planning our next tee time.

It was about this time when we got the first glimpses of some of the other state interest, as this thread was still based on Illinois exclusively at the time. Some notable mentions are tallpaul, who I'd be willing to bet still swings by from time to time, as well bpierce08, whose activity has taken a downturn as he has been lured over to the marketplace.

Our next meet was held in Oswego at Eagle Ridge the following Saturday, and saw the additions of two new members, GoodDriveBaddPutt and Fatboy. In this meet, if I remember correctly, virtually everyone got dominated by the rough and the long tees. We don't talk about it much... :/

Think about way back then, when we were all novice players, maybe lower rec at best, and look how far we've come! This group has expanded to a serious community of dedicated and friendly players. We now have members organizing meetups for all over the midwest, and sometimes the across the entire country! In this moment of reflection, I just have to say that I'm so proud of this group and everyone in it. That they were able to continue to grow as a community and not take the turn of so many internet communities, the descent into "flame-wars" and "trolling."

So, in summation, I just want to thank each and every one of you, from those who help found the very beginnings of this group, to those who have done so much in expanding it and helping it grow and flourish as it has today. It actually brings me joy to see so many people being able to form a community of sorts based exclusively on what they love to do.

So, Illianasconsinigan Members, Thank you.
-Jacob "ArcheType" Burton

Brick from all the longs, and at the very worst artificial turf on the shorts (all the ones I played at least). Signs weren't in the posts as of Tuesday, but the posts have the hole numbers.

Map on the course page is dead on, though.

Ok cool. How was it? Nice? Better than the old layout or as good?

If anyone found a pink x comet at oakbrook... can I have it back?

I left it behind like an idiot. :wall:

I'd say it's a bit tougher! Just as nice, if not nicer!

Interesting Trivia:

What two members of DGCR came up with the final name of "Illianasconsiningan"? :popcorn:

Extra bonus points if you can tell me what course it happened on. :popcorn: :popcorn: :)

If anyone found a pink x comet at oakbrook... can I have it back?

I left it behind like an idiot. :wall:

And while you're picking up discs on the course that don't belong to you, can you grab my Pink Z Talon from the tree pile on hole 6. Threw it a little farther than I thought I could (which is good). About 5 feet deep, dead center. If you stand on the thick branches on the edge (the 3 of them make a great step), you can totally see it. I was in work clothes, prior to work, but also fat and could not reach it.

It's an misprint and doesn't fly right, you don't want it anyway. It molded weird, it is a little less stable than it should be. I swear. I'll give you something from the pile at home I need to get rid of.

You're awesome,
WC (no g)

Latest posts