• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

If you get a chance to check out Bevier Park in Waukegan, IL it's looking sweet! Many improvements made.

Here is an update on Fairfield in Round Lake too. When 100% complete this is going to be the best course in the Chicagoland Area.

They are pulling the wood frames from the concrete tees and back filling them as I type this. I talked to the workers and they'll be framing the rest of the Fairfield White course this week. They plan on pouring those tee pads early next week. They have my phone number and plan on texting me the day they pour them so I can organize some volunteers to watch them.

I really think there is a good chance the white course will be playable by November 1st. The back (gold) holes across the power lines will not be complete until next spring.

I've had a lot of people ask what they can do to help with this project. Grab a shovel, clippers, rake and head out to the park. The dirt around the new tee pads needs some TLC.

It's Columbus Day so I went exploring. Course in Evergreen Park Il.
Like Dag said the park is at 91st and Rockwell. The park has no name yet use to be a golf course a man told me he lives across the street from the sled
hill which has 3 basket on the side of it should be fun.

Parking lot where the driving range is this is all new. I'm think hole 1 should
be around there also new pond, and building a gazebo. Park is still being worked on. Open, flat, and hilly man said use to be a lot of big trees now just stagger around the course.

Dana said Brian Cummings course designer.

John - I was in that parking lot about 10-10:30 this morning. What time were you over there? I added 5 more today, was hoping for 6 but that one will have to wait. The no trepassing signs seemed like serious business as well as the work horses next to all the baskets.

Nice to hear about Evergreen Park! Will that become the closest thing geographically to a second Chicago course?

Brian's a busy guy, apparently! I'm told he's got one going in in Portage, IN. That's on top of Lowell, IN earlier this year.

Nice to hear about Evergreen Park! Will that become the closest thing geographically to a second Chicago course?

Brian's a busy guy, apparently! I'm told he's got one going in in Portage, IN. That's on top of Lowell, IN earlier this year.

FWIW, Chicago already has 2 courses: Edgebrook and IIT.

Either way Evergreen Park shares a border with Chicago, similar to North Shore Channel Trail in Lincolnwood. We would just be splitting hairs trying to figure out which course is closer to Chicago.

Hope to see some of you up in Waukegan Saturday to close out the IOS for 2013. Series trophies will be handed out to those deserving players.

Hope to see some of you up in Waukegan Saturday to close out the IOS for 2013. Series trophies will be handed out to those deserving players.

Would if I could but Devil's Glen falls on the same day this year, love that course in tournament layout and have played it (or been played by it) the past three years running.

How was it? Seemed pretty freakin' nice out.

It was very nice out today this side of the lake. :thmbup:

Felt nice... Wore Shorts and a couple tshirts. Played Doubles at Highland and from the longs at trinity.

brought a couple first timers to trinity and didnt give them a heads up about dale bexuase they both smoke. it was pretty hillarious.

Was a good day for sure... Hopefully weather gives us more days like that.

Who's ready for the ozark tourney!

Come out to Anna Page Park in Rockford Illinois for the annual Halloween Havoc(bring your own partner) Doubles tournament. We will be playing the new South course! One round on the south and one on the west, best shot format. Hope to see you out there! Sign up is 8-9 a.m.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 18
if you want to play EP !

hit me up

4 miles down western ave from this course.

heard some people have played, heard from some people they were nicely asked to not play

heard short and long tees , not in yet.
18 baskets

on old golf course, there is a ghost called Anna May "Babe" Ahern that will always haunt this course

the course was there before the train tracks

yo! im in town with a day off tomorrow the 24th and looking to play. all day would be sick. im having a hard time finding places to park my tractor (no trailer) and actually play some golf. with that being said im in monee at a truck stop. if some folks wanna meet up tomorrow reply back here or pm me and ill try and get out there with a taxi. was hoping to get some locals to show me around your must play courses *cough* Lemon lake.....highland. id even pich in on gas if someone wanted to come scoop me up.

if i dont hear from anyone i may just drive my truck to the truck stop by community park and play there since i enjoyed it last time i was here. but being a trucker i get tired of doing things alone. lol

i feel like im posting myself on craigslist now. awkward
lol

Hey what's up Noobaque! Welcome back to the area! I'd come down and join ya but I work all day and it's about a 45min drive down for me to highland. As for highland and lemon lake, both places have plenty of parking for your tractor. People to play with? This thread is a good start but you could easily jump on board with somebody at the course. Most groups wont turn you away and you may just run Into a fellow DGCR member too. Good luck!:thmbup:

Thanks. You sure my truck will fit? The satelite looks sketchy. Keep in mind its 13ft 6in tall. It's not so much the room to park. But the raods. Allowing me there in the first place.

Last edited:
Thanks. You sure my truck will fit? The satelite looks sketchy. Keep in mind its 13ft 6in tall. It's not so much the room to park. But the raods. Allowing me there in the first place.

You might have trouble at Highland getting up that sketchy park road. Lemon should have plenty of space for the rig.

I, as well, am stuck at work.

just purchased wifi so i got a better look at street veiw than on my phone. highlands has a big rig there on google maps streetveiw....so i spose i can fit, lol

gonna check out LL now. will be hard because ill have to see if the roads are restricted for trucks...ugh

it'll fit, now i just gotta find someone to meet up with...trucking sucks becuase everything you do is a big friggen deal. kinda pointless to go play alone after i squeeze my truck places.

whats the damage to play LL?

Latest posts