• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Thursday Nights and Sunday Morning Tags at Sgt. Means Park in Olympia Fields. 6:30 tee-off on Thursdays, and 9 am tee-off on Sunday mornings with one travel day per month.

$5 for a tag (one time purchase), and upwards of $7 for the all-in at tags, $1 minimum, and $7 optional all-in. Check us out.

Hey all! It's been a long time. I was wondering if the "Cold Turkey" tournament I have seen in the past at Gray Fox will be happening this year? Or any other tournaments at Gray Fox or Fairfield this year.

Hey all! It's been a long time. I was wondering if the "Cold Turkey" tournament I have seen in the past at Gray Fox will be happening this year? Or any other tournaments at Gray Fox or Fairfield this year.

Squaw Creek Showdown at Fairfield just took place two weekends ago (Aug. 13-14). To my knowledge there won't be anymore tournaments at Fairfield this year.

Not sure about Gray Fox and/or Cold Turkey.

Squaw Creek Showdown at Fairfield just took place two weekends ago (Aug. 13-14). To my knowledge there won't be anymore tournaments at Fairfield this year.

Not sure about Gray Fox and/or Cold Turkey.

Thanks for the info. I finally feel like I can compete. I just want my fist tournament to be at a course I know every inch of.

I'm looking for people to play with in northern Illinois or weekly leagues to join. I live near Fairfield but would be willing to go to any course in the area.

Hey guys, how early, and how busy does it get early, at Fairfield on a weekend day? Say, this Sunday, when it's 84º....

Weekends generally you want to tee off before 9. I try to be there by 8. This will let you have a pretty uninterrupted round. By the time you wrap around back to 18 the course is already going to be pretty full. If you're playing additional rounds after your morning round expect some waits.

This is assuming you're playing golds.

Weekends generally you want to tee off before 9. I try to be there by 8. This will let you have a pretty uninterrupted round. By the time you wrap around back to 18 the course is already going to be pretty full. If you're playing additional rounds after your morning round expect some waits.

This is assuming you're playing golds.

Thanks for the info!

So, thoroughly enjoyed Fairfield today. I was totally prepared to be underwhelmed, and kinda was through the first few holes. Hole 7 and on were so darn fun, though. The back (gold only) holes are one of the best stretches of golf I've ever played.

So, thoroughly enjoyed Fairfield today. I was totally prepared to be underwhelmed, and kinda was through the first few holes. Hole 7 and on were so darn fun, though. The back (gold only) holes are one of the best stretches of golf I've ever played.

Glad to hear you enjoyed most of it. If you saw a guy with a cart, a big black lab and 2 little kids...that was me. :)

I believe Chuck agreed to a "5 year plan" with the park district when the course was designed. There are tweaks that will be made over the next several years. This includes possibly planting some trees on the opening holes, as well as new pin and/or tee placements. I know that hole 3 is getting a longer pin placement soon to make it play like a true par 4 for the gold level players.

Glad to hear you enjoyed most of it. If you saw a guy with a cart, a big black lab and 2 little kids...that was me. :)

We were out of there by about 11am. 2 of us with carts and beers in our hands.

Ended up hitting 9 courses (6 in IL)....it was a good day.

Anyone know which courses around Lake County you can play glow rounds at? Never played a glow round before, but I have a few glow discs, and a lighted bag ready to go. I know the Buffalo Grove parks are open until 10pm (non-lighted parks) and 11pm (lighted parks), but I haven't found much else to play. I know most courses/ parks close at sunset, but are there any others actually playable? Anybody know about Lippold, Adler, Black Bear, Streamwood or if you can sneak out onto Fairfield? Any course recommendations would be great!

I usually play glow at Willow Stream. If you're staying after 10 I would park somewhere else. Cops do make rounds there sometimes at night and they will ask you to leave if it's late.

Squaw would be fun but you probably will want to stay away from the open holes - not fun trying to find a disc in tall grass in the dark. I don't think a glowing one would help much if it's buried.

Adler glow is fun too - they actually run glow leagues there later in the fall.

I usually play glow at Willow Stream. If you're staying after 10 I would park somewhere else. Cops do make rounds there sometimes at night and they will ask you to leave if it's late.

Squaw would be fun but you probably will want to stay away from the open holes - not fun trying to find a disc in tall grass in the dark. I don't think a glowing one would help much if it's buried.

Adler glow is fun too - they actually run glow leagues there later in the fall.

Awesome! Thank you for the info. I figured Willow Stream and the Aptakisic course would both be easy enough for glow rounds.

Does Fairfield technically "close" at sunset? Would I have to park across the street and walk over?

What day is the Adler league? That's something I'd love to try.

Awesome! Thank you for the info. I figured Willow Stream and the Aptakisic course would both be easy enough for glow rounds.

Does Fairfield technically "close" at sunset? Would I have to park across the street and walk over?

What day is the Adler league? That's something I'd love to try.

Yes, Fairfield closes at sunset. Park across the street.

Adler leagues are on Tuesday. The last week of summer leagues was this past Tuesday. Fall leagues start next Tuesday and end around when the clocks change. At that point glow takes over usually.

Yes, Fairfield closes at sunset. Park across the street.

Adler leagues are on Tuesday. The last week of summer leagues was this past Tuesday. Fall leagues start next Tuesday and end around when the clocks change. At that point glow takes over usually.

Thanks again for all the info!! :thmbup:

Were you at the BG Monday league in the rain this week? I was the other group out on the course, before the league got started. Seems to be the same group for both BG leagues?

Thanks again for all the info!! :thmbup:

Were you at the BG Monday league in the rain this week? I was the other group out on the course, before the league got started. Seems to be the same group for both BG leagues?

Yep, I was there. Both BG leagues? We only run ours on Mondays as far as I know. Been doing it for over 10 years. Is there another league at BG?

Yep, I was there. Both BG leagues? We only run ours on Mondays as far as I know. Been doing it for over 10 years. Is there another league at BG?

I returned that KC Roc to its rightful owner lol. I played a round with a few guys from your league last fall.
I thought there was a league at Willow Stream and then another at Twin Creeks, on different nights? I have no idea though.

I returned that KC Roc to its rightful owner lol. I played a round with a few guys from your league last fall.
I thought there was a league at Willow Stream and then another at Twin Creeks, on different nights? I have no idea though.

Ah, so we ran into you guys at Willow yesterday too.

We used to run leagues at Willow. There have been leagues on that course for a looooooooong time. When the course went under the knife almost 2 years ago we temporarily moved leagues to Twin Creeks because Willow was unplayable. We ended up staying at Twin Creeks because we liked the park being low traffic. At Willow we constantly had to deal with casual players, pedestrian traffic, cross country, etc. Lots of things that really slowed down the pace of play and hindered our ability to play from alternate tee locations. Twin Creeks we play mostly alternate tees and pretty much have the entire course to ourselves so there's very little interruption.

There are still discussions in our group to move leagues back to Willow, or set up some sort of rotating schedule, but for now it's just talk.