• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm making a Disc Golf Game

swos

Hey. My name is Jarkko Honkakoski and I am from Finland.

For the past 2 years I have been making a Disc Golf Game part time with my other work. Now I am ready to tell you about the game.

Here is how the game looks like.

The goal making the game has been to make it as realistic as possible with fun easy to learn playability.
I have spent months researching and coding accurate physics to the game.

The game will feature real disc golf discs from at least Innova and Discmania. Manufacturers won't be sponsoring the game, but their products will be used with permission.

Currently there's one course to play with 9 holes.
I'm making real life course aswell, the Nokia championship course in Finland.

Game will probably be released this year, hopefully this summer. It will be released for the iPhone/iPad and Android. Later possibly for PC and Apple TV.

www.discgolfgame.net

Looks pretty cool. I am not your target audience though. I play disc golf so I don't end up on the couch, doing things like playing video games. Good luck in your venture.

This looks awesome! I've been a tester for other DG games recently. After watching this it looks very accessible to the beginner player, and it's a huge step to be able to use Innova/DiscMania molds - makes it feel very personal and instantly familiar. I'm wondering what the controls look like for mobile? Also, if you need a tester, I would love to add my input. I can run it on iOS on iPhone and iPad.

looks good, but does it have too look so much like a ball golf course?

include the ability to jump putt, but the twist is that you also have to jump with the phone in your hands while hitting the appropriate buttons to putt.

looks good, but does it have too look so much like a ball golf course?

include the ability to jump putt, but the twist is that you also have to jump with the phone in your hands while hitting the appropriate buttons to putt.

You mean looks like a professional course, like the DGWT courses with OB painted.
Can't wait to see Nokia and play it!!

I just watched again and I have to say the basket physics are incredible. That is not an easy thing to program, and out of all the video games I've seen, this one is best.

Seems like the ground is pretty sticky, I could see increasing the skip/bounce on ground contact it would look more life like.

The only other thing I would hope for would be to switch to sidearm and throw the opposite direction if needed.

Watching again it looks like a swipe down/swipe up control. It's intuative for a golf game, and I think it's good for side to side motion and a good motion to try and master the art of it. The speed control on other games can be hard to master, and honestly can be frustrating at times, depending on the speed control mechanism of the swipe control.

Looking forward to ripping some DDs FDs and P2s!

Looks pretty cool. I am not your target audience though. I play disc golf so I don't end up on the couch, doing things like playing video games. Good luck in your venture.

I am sure you did not mean it, but this sounds a little condescending. Dont really understand why you felt the need to say at all it in the first place, just to make sure we dont think you are the type of person who plays video games? (especially as "you" and "we" are merely usernames on a niche sport forum on the internet...)

Its not like its a choice that excludes the other option. I am sure anyone who enjoys playing a game like this would go out for a round in a heartbeat, too. Sometimes you just have 10 minutes between other stuff in life and this is a nice distraction for when you need one.

Someone could say: "I have a job and family so I dont end up walking around the park, doing things like chucking around plastic childrens toys."

Sorry in advance for my little rant. I wonder if I should even post this, but here goes. :\

I am sure you did not mean it, but this sounds a little condescending. Dont really understand why you felt the need to say at all it in the first place, just to make sure we dont think you are the type of person who plays video games? (especially as "you" and "we" are merely usernames on a niche sport forum on the internet...)

Its not like its a choice that excludes the other option. I am sure anyone who enjoys playing a game like this would go out for a round in a heartbeat, too. Sometimes you just have 10 minutes between other stuff in life and this is a nice distraction for when you need one.

Someone could say: "I have a job and family so I dont end up walking around the park, doing things like chucking around plastic childrens toys."

Sorry in advance for my little rant. I wonder if I should even post this, but here goes. :\

All good. I meant no ill will or condescending message. My point was, I thought there was a segment of disc golfers who would have little interest in gaming. For me, personally, it is the antithesis of why I play. I wish the maker nothing but success and those who enjoy gaming, nothing but fun. Perhaps if it really catches on, it can help introduce some new people to the game.

I do not play video games unless I am on a plane normally with my ipad but this is looks amazing. I would take the manufacturer logos off the disc and place your logo on them and is there a way to opt out of the hole preview? Will you also have in app purchases like distance drivers, better putters, bags and carts (over the past 3 years I have noticed more newer players are more concerned with purchasing new carts and bags than discs it seems which could be a fun add to a video game especially if you can come up with the Rodney Dangerfield type disc golf bag), etc. in your business model? Also, do you have funny commentary? I played a round with a friend this weekend and we got to quoting Tiger Woods PS golf with Feherty from years back which is always funny (e.g., he's gonna need a machete to get out of that lie, he needs a sand bucket, etc.). Good luck with the venture.

Thanks for all your replies.

I have been making Nokia Championship Course. I have done 5 holes and they are playable in alpha version. I plan to make 9 holes.
Here is how the course looks like in game.

nokia18.jpg

I have also been making new way to aim the throw. Here is how that looks like.

If you have iPhone/iPad and want to try the alpha version you can send me your email for example in www.facebook.com/discgolfgame/url] and I will invite you.

Someone has to make one of these games with real courses, that would be impressive. Use the top ten courses a rough guideline or do famous courses around the world or something. That would make me want to play a disc golf game, otherwise I'm not too excited about a disc golf game overall.

Someone has to make one of these games with real courses, that would be impressive. Use the top ten courses a rough guideline or do famous courses around the world or something. That would make me want to play a disc golf game, otherwise I'm not too excited about a disc golf game overall.

haha. thread tldr... the video is five holes from the Nokia Championship course... and it is incredibly well represented :clap:

Latest posts