• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Impact?

McGhetty517

Birdie Member
So a friend gives me a Discraft Impact esp plastic today. Been throwing it around at work and starting to like it..but I'm wondering why I've never heard of this mold. is it a new mold or a discontinued mold? Someone please help me out !

It's neither it's just one of those ace race discs that beer made it big. It is from the 2007 ace race and after that people just didn't trow it. I have one in my bag and I wont take it out one of my favorite discs but they are still in production just not hugely wante or thought about

Like a straighter, longer, and more glide Buzzz. Great to power down or throw from a standstill for control shots or off the teepad in a tailwind. If they made it in z plastic I'd probably still have it in the bag. The crosshatching on the rim is a waste imo. Doesn't help grip and just gets mud stuck in it.

Like a straighter, longer, and more glide Buzzz. Great to power down or throw from a standstill for control shots or off the teepad in a tailwind. If they made it in z plastic I'd probably still have it in the bag. The crosshatching on the rim is a waste imo. Doesn't help grip and just gets mud stuck in it.

Thats what i was thinking about the cross hatching. Its hard as ever to clean out

...The crosshatching on the rim is a waste imo. Doesn't help grip and just gets mud stuck in it.

The crosshatching on the Impact isn't meant to improve grip - it's meant to increase glide, much like the dimples on a golf ball. Now mud getting built up in there, that's just an unfortunate consequence.

The crosshatching on the Impact isn't meant to improve grip - it's meant to increase glide, much like the dimples on a golf ball. Now mud getting built up in there, that's just an unfortunate consequence.

I'm aware, but I've never noticed much of a difference from it. It only gained more lift that I could tell and I guess that adds glide but also many other problems. Like climbing into overhanging tree branches. Most people I know who do throw it do so because they believe it adds to grip especially while wet. I don't find that to be the case and it's a pain in the neck to clean.

I throw the impact alot and really like it. I have never cleaned any of them. It flies true and straight and does what I want it too. Should throw it more often. Maybe an Impact and putter round.

Like a straighter, longer, and more glide Buzzz.

This is how it was described to me and why i got one to begin with. I think the description is spot on. I love mine, but as the OP said I hadn't really heard anything about them until someone recommended it to me about a year ago.

The Impact is a very good, under appreciated disc. Reminds me of a slightly more stable meteor and flies very similar to a Comet for me. My very first tourney ace was with a Impact!

Latest posts