• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In-competition smoking banned at 2011 PDGA Pro & Am Worlds

No offense to any of you guys who smoke during rounds but it always pisses me off when I get put in a group with a smoker. This is awesome in my opinion.

I try not get upset at something as trivial as someone smoking during a round. But it does get annoying when it takes priority to them throwing. I like this rule. I think it should be one of those rules where it is up to the TD to decide(like 2 meter). Also a good "image"

I don't smoke and don't care about getting put in a group with smokers but I know a lot of people who are gonna be pissed if this gets extended to more events (I could see them extending it to NT and A tiers next). It will def make the game look better in the public eye.

what about one of those fake e-cigs? I'm not a smoker so this wont effect me but are we going to see guys coming outta the woods waving off cigarette smoke like we do now with other smoke?

i am a pretty heavy smoker myself and not smoking during a 4-5 hour round is going to be very stressful and irritating for me to say the least. yet i am not going to stress over it too much, ill just chew some nicorette or use a patch or something.

rusch_bag: you must hate me because of my smoking during o'hauser!

You were a respectful smoker whether you were trying to or not. It is really the people that blow their smoke on you or are up wind from you. I never had any issues with you.

feldberg.jpg

stuff like this seems to be the standard for most outdoor sporting events. I don't smoke, but it typically doesn't bother me...although the flicking of lighters during my release on tee shots isn't as rare of an occurrence as it probably should be.

on one hand, disc golf is an outdoor activity, and it's hard enough for smokers to find a spot to actually smoke, on the other hand, it would be courteous if there was no cig/other smoke to deal with when I'm playing. You know, outside, fresh air, etc....

this reminds me of something funny one of my friends said to me after a round. she was complaining that it's lonely being the only smoker in a group - I turned that around saying that it's much more unpleasant being the only NON-smoker in a group.

I do smoke during rounds, and even more so in a tournament round. i am usually overly aware of where i am standing in terms of wind and others and make sure to not blow it (intentionally or not) at someone. I smoke when im on the tee or putting so it never slows me down, id say i actually play faster than most even when smoking, slow play really bothers me. I think this rule is dumb. I didnt smoke for the first few years i played and it never bothered me. I think people who are bothered by smokers (not ones who are blatant assholes about it) need to calm down.

Latest posts