• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Inevitable putter quest inevitable? Call me a n00b

What exactly is the challenge?

To make something that's relatively simple(throwing a disc into a basket) as complicated as possible?

What exactly is the challenge?

To make something that's relatively simple(throwing a disc into a basket) as complicated as possible?

At this point in the discussion, the thread is pretty close to being comprehensive on the subject. The major caveat to this thread has been and continues to be the different equipment available to each disc golfer.

The reason why I posted this thread is that I see a lot of newer players blindly accept the search for "the one" putter as necessary.

You say, it's easy. Well, major tournaments are decided by a single stroke. I've seen top-ranked pros miss putts inside 10 feet under pressure. The one putter theory holds that your mental acuity is simply enough to overcome any obstacles, whether it be wind or high pressure situations.

If you're willing to settle for one way over another, then that's fine. I don't have any qualms with another player's method.

Fair enough.

One thing I'm taking away from this thread is how to make adjustments with my Sole. It's pretty similar to an Aviar P&A, so it makes for a good "one putter" disc, like the Aviar.

My other putters don't have the necessary attributes to be a "one putter." They are more or less pieces to the puzzle. The VP, Ridge, and Summit. The VP and Ridge don't glide very well, while the Summit does.

Having said that, the compliment of the VP, Ridge, and Summit makes for a very complete lineup for addressing the wind.

The VP has a hooking flight, but straightens out in a stiff head-wind. The Ridge does the same, but with less of a headwind. Both discs glide more so than normal in the wind.

The Summit turns right thrown without a wind, but in a tail-wind it straightens out very well. This makes for a good tail-wind putter.

For now, I am going to consider both the "one putter" method with the Sole as I progress in my game as well as entertain my other three putters to see which way works better.