• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Infinite Discs Ra

What is the weight on your Ra? I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it not looking like how I expected it to. The RocX3s purpose is $$$ and that's it.

My Ra is 168g. I don't know that weight would change the shape of a disc, though.

Ra course report

Okay, I've taken my Metal Flake C-blend Ra to the course a few times and gotten in some throws. Today was with an 'All-Infinite-Discs' bag.

When I got my Star RocX3, I was a bit disappointed that it didn't have more 'bite' (fade) to it. Especially when thrown pretty hard (80%+ power), it went really straight and had a small dump fade at the end, about like my Champion McBeth 3x Roc3s.

So the Ra appears to be the RocX3 top (very flat) and V-tech bottom. The Ra also flies straight, but has a bit more reliable and deeper fade at the end. All my throws are RHBH, by the way, except for one forehand shot.

Paige Pierce once talked about a shot where she throws a disc on a hyzer angle, and the disc IS angled... but it goes straight for a long ways before fading. I got that when I threw the Ra on that hyzer. I had a throw where I needed to get around a tree to get to the basket, and I was going to throw a hyzer shot. The Ra went straight, even though the disc was angled, then finally faded some. It looked funky, but now I know what Paige Pierce was talking about. The disc was still a bit right of where I'd hoped to be.

Had a throw where I threw the Ra straight and level and it did very well... straight, then faded left a bit at the end. Just like a fresh Roc3 (much less a RocX3). The forehand shot I threw was a nice flex shot that got surprising distance. The Ra has decent glide; it's not a brick, but it's not a floater, either. But 'good enough'.

My overall assessment of the Ra is that if you are looking for a reliable stable-to-overstable mid, the Ra is better than the RocX3. If you like the Roc3, the Ra will give you that flight but with a bit more bite at the end. If you want more OS, maybe an Innova Rat would be the better choice.

I'm kind of digging the Ra but the convex outer wing looks so odd to me. These are really pretty discs though, the Pearly C blend is really nice.

Latest posts