• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Information on Discraft Z Drone

they mean the same thing, a hornet is less stable than a drone, but more stable than a buzzz, etc.

Definition of stable:
a. Resistant to change of position or condition; not easily moved or disturbed
b. Not subject to sudden or extreme change or fluctuation
c. Maintaining equilibrium; self-restoring

Using that definition stable would mean to fly straight with no change like I said. Being more stable would mean it has more resistance to change in its flight. Being less stable would mean have less resistance to change in its flight. So a drone would actually be less stable than a buzzz because it has a far more likelihood of deterring from its intended flight.
now terms like overstable are not actual words. and in the case of our sport overstable means to have more resistance to flying with the spin. thus having less turn and more fade. so a drone would be more overstable than a buzzz.
don't bastardize the language cause you don't truly understand the words you are using.

Geez. I need to stop drinking while on DGCR. I read this whole thing thinking this thread was about the Zone.

Z Drones are my favorite OS mid. It's the Predator of mids. The newest LE Z Drone run at DD is the best feeling plastic I think they've ever made. Even better than Tournament Pro. Any headwind or any shot I need to throw on an anny and have it flex out and fade hard I reach for the Z Drone. Get one and throw it until it beats to straight. Then get a new one and throw them both. You'll love it that much.

The newest LE Z Drones (small stamp and pink, blue, etc...) are a bit stiff- in cold weather they feel like stone. The earlier run of DD LE Z Drones were a bit tackier (the orange, yellow, white and black). The thick rim just doesn't lend itself to flexing at all. I picked up two of the new ones, and would definitely prefer two of the older ones. But it's all personal preference for sure.

I love the drone though, and never play a round without one. Only complaint is it can actually act fickle and flippy on agressive flick shots.

Definition of stable:

Using that definition stable would mean to fly straight with no change like I said. Being more stable would mean it has more resistance to change in its flight. Being less stable would mean have less resistance to change in its flight. So a drone would actually be less stable than a buzzz because it has a far more likelihood of deterring from its intended flight.
now terms like overstable are not actual words. and in the case of our sport overstable means to have more resistance to flying with the spin. thus having less turn and more fade. so a drone would be more overstable than a buzzz.
don't bastardize the language cause you don't truly understand the words you are using.

Like I said, the drone is more stable than the hornet

Definition of stable:

don't bastardize the language cause you don't truly understand the words you are using.[/QUOTESIZE="5"][/SIZE]

Don't confuse them with the facts :D :D

Let's all say it together. High Speed Stability. Low Speed Stability. The Drone has more of BOTH than the Hornet. It doesn't get any easier than that.

Appreciation everyone's input. I'm going to order 2 of them from DD. I know they may weight 1-3 grams over the legal PDGA weight for a Drone but I'm willing to take the risk of a TD weighing my disk randomly. Integrity is a big part of my game. I often call myself out on foot-faults but a few grams overweight is not something I really think disrespects the game.

If integrity really mattered, you'd buy a Drone in a different plastic so you'd not be over the legal limit. The FLX Drone is plenty beefy, and is carried by most major retailers.

If integrity really mattered, you'd buy a Drone in a different plastic so you'd not be over the legal limit. The FLX Drone is plenty beefy, and is carried by most major retailers.

True. I just don't like FLX plastic that much. Love Z just like I love Champion plastic. Why doesn't Discraft make Z Drone on the regular?:confused:

True. I just don't like FLX plastic that much. Love Z just like I love Champion plastic. Why doesn't Discraft make Z Drone on the regular?:confused:

From what i've read, it is due to the shape of the lip. It takes too much material to make, and thus they are overweight. Back when the drone was first released there was a lot of talk about it never being made in z plastic, because there was no way to make it within weight.

I do love the fact that you just pick and choose which rules to follow. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy about players following rules.

Drones are legal to 180g just like a Roc, right? The ones on the DD site say 177+. Really that big of a risk?

Drones are legal to 178.5g. and DD just weighed 20-25 of them for me, and none are under 180. I sent 3 back to them, 180.2, 180.0 and 182.

How durable is that FLX plastic? Is it comparable to Innova Star or even the softer Z plastic used for the Z Hornet? Durability is key for me. I am confronted with a lot of trees where I play.

How durable is that FLX plastic? Is it comparable to Innova Star or even the softer Z plastic used for the Z Hornet? Durability is key for me. I am confronted with a lot of trees where I play.

In Drones, the FLX plastic feels likes standard ESP, and has the durability to go with it.

In Drones, the FLX plastic feels likes standard ESP, and has the durability to go with it.

I'm hoping the FLX is good. I am not a fan of floppy plastic, (one reason i LOVED the Z Drones) but i'm looking to get some FLX, waiting to see if DD is getting any more in.

If you want a floppy drone, find a CryZtal FLX. The ESP FLX is plenty firm even in Summer. I've had one in my bag for over a year and throw a lot of FH rollers with it and it's still... stabl...oversta... uh..don't want to get into a semantics fight with anyone..so:

Drone go left.