• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Injuries

It means you need to see a doctor if it keeps up.

This is true. A buddy of mine messed up his shoulder lifting weights and could barely throw a disc. Instead of getting it fixed, he loaded up on his friend's heavy painkillers and kept playing. I was with him when his arm literally stopped working. He threw his drive, shouted something fierce, and the arm just kinda slumped and hung there. Turns out his ligaments and tendons were so weakened with injury that his arm just popped out of it's socket. :gross:

The worst injury I received was a result of my own stupidity. About a month ago I had a bad lie in a grove of large trees and tried to power drive out. Unfortunately there was a tree where my hand wanted to go on my follow through and I backhanded it as hard as I could. Though it sounded and felt like it at the time, I didn't actually break my hand but something's off in my wrist now and it still aches a little if I put pressure on it while bending it. Lesson: don't fight trees - they always win.:wall:

I did the exact same thing...worst part was I lost my disc cause 1.) the tree stopping my hand caused the disc to fly askew and 2.) My vision immediately went to the harsh pain in my hand and did not see where the heck the disc went.

Friggin' trees.

I tweaked my knee yesterday playing from the shorts (natural tees) it sucked and I sucked for the rest of the round..i now officially hate natural tee pads they suck and they should all die haha

I did the exact same thing...worst part was I lost my disc cause 1.) the tree stopping my hand caused the disc to fly askew and 2.) My vision immediately went to the harsh pain in my hand and did not see where the heck the disc went.

Friggin' trees.

I'm gonna create a new unapproved disc for my next round - The Chainsaw.

I really F'ed up my back playing. The PT said from all of the constant planting and twisting it moved around a lot of stuff that shouldn't have been moved and it made my back muscles hurt. I went to PT for two months and they got me re-aligned but it still hurts when I play just not as bad. I need winter to get here so I won't want to play as much.

I was playing in a tournament and had a lie right beside of a tree. I was stupid about it and didn't really check for too much clearance, and didn't think about my follow through. I pulled too hard and hit a tree with my elbow, my forearm swung past it's normal full extension and everyone heard a popping sound. Don't do this.

I got a grade 2 seperated shoulder last week and its my throwing shoulder so it is keeping me from golfing not very happy about it.

Latest posts