• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

finally got one of these today, it was a good disc for straight shots, but not worth adding to the bag.

I constantly had the stupid nubs under the rim bothering me, i like to "cinch up" on the rim before i throw (just a weird habit, routine) and every time i did that i would feel the little nubs and it just threw me off, i cant stand it.. the rim felt okay however as long as the nubs weren't there.

They need to lose the nubs.. that way i don't have to cut them off and make the disc PDGA illegal.

I threw the one I bought today and it was pretty darn straight. Did turn a bit for me when I threw it hard, but could have been some technique issues cuz my drives were turning a bunch today too. Powered down it was pretty darn straight without much low speed fade. I think I'll use it for a while and see if I would really replace my Buzzz or Squall with it.

The Atlas is actually a pretty good disc. I am a Roc only kind of guy but throwing this thing actually is quite fun. It is in no way a buzzz it is way more understable than a buzzz. For me it fits the bill for that beat in late turn dx roc. It has a decent amount of glide and will actually hold a line. The only thing that sucks about the disc is the plastic they used for the rim. Way to grippy, has caused me to grip lock the thing a ton. Would be nicer if it was KC or DX plastic for the rim and not the R-Proish feeling junk that is there now.

The Atlas is actually a pretty good disc. I am a Roc only kind of guy but throwing this thing actually is quite fun. It is in no way a buzzz it is way more understable than a buzzz. For me it fits the bill for that beat in late turn dx roc. It has a decent amount of glide and will actually hold a line. The only thing that sucks about the disc is the plastic they used for the rim. Way to grippy, has caused me to grip lock the thing a ton. Would be nicer if it was KC or DX plastic for the rim and not the R-Proish feeling junk that is there now.

The Atlas has some serious durability issues IMO, something that hasn't been mentioned in testing because it just came out. I don't forsee this disc being a popular thrower, to me it's just a nice looking proto wall hanger and it shows with prices already fetching 30-50 bucks for unique color combos.

Attached- picture of the rim after 50 throws into a brick wall

So, I just threw an Atlas as hard as I can (450' on a good day), into a brick wall 50 times. It is barely scratched, no warp, no crease, and no separation. Impressive.

Attachments

• P1030698.jpg
    P1030698.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 153
y do you talk out of your rear end?

Because so many people have negative notions towards this disc that they will magnify any insignificant bad thing about it and or just talk out of their rearends.

Attached- picture of the rim after 50 throws into a brick wall

So, I just threw an Atlas as hard as I can (450' on a good day), into a brick wall 50 times. It is barely scratched, no warp, no crease, and no separation. Impressive.

why the **** are you doing that....no...don't respond...there is no reason.:wall:

I would agree Atlas is less stable than the average Buzzz. But Buzzz's vary a lot in stability from my experience. I got 4 in a recent Misprint Pack from Discraft, 2 ESPs and 2 Zs. The ESPs are definitely less stable, and among the Zs I had one was more stable than the other. The most stable one was my favorite - which I lost of course :\ I expect the Atlas will have a lot of variance as well. I got a 180g one, so I was hoping for the most stable, wind resistant version.

Love my Atlas

I love the Atlas. I picked up some pre releases and decided to throw one and right now it is makin some statements! I also decided to pick up a few first runs. The disc flies insanely straight and i rarely push it to the right. Will it replace my Buzzz? Most likely..

Just got 2 in the mail from the Innova proshop (the one with the Am Worlds stamp). Can't wait to get out tomorrow and give them a toss.

You feel me Vikings fans?
QZeuAUsl.jpg

Just got mine today (got it before my F2 PD order that still isn't here yet despite ordering it days before the Atlases). Got a yellow/purple like above but with a red stamp. Pretty happy overall but wish they weren't so flexible. I understand why they are though. Can't wait to get out and throw them.

Just got 2 in the mail from the Innova proshop (the one with the Am Worlds stamp). Can't wait to get out tomorrow and give them a toss.

You feel me Vikings fans?
QZeuAUsl.jpg

I would've preferred purple flight plate with yellow rim/stamp...but ya, I feel you. :clap:

They didn't have that option. I would have probably gone with that myself too.

Figure it won't be a hard disc to find when I'm knee deep in the shule.

So I've heard the insane durability claim and I've heard the stupidly weak durability claim. Both seem stupid and farfetched. Anyone have a realistic description? (it's hard to believe all the claims)

So I've heard the insane durability claim and I've heard the stupidly weak durability claim. Both seem stupid and farfetched. Anyone have a realistic description? (it's hard to believe all the claims)

With most things where you have two polar claims, the true answer lies in the middle.

I think the reality is we won't really know until they have been in the hands of the masses for 3-6 months.

Latest posts