• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Classic Aviar Vs Mcpro Aviar

UnguidedDG3

Hello,

I am currently putting with 2018 Mcpro Aviars and I am wanting to make the switch to the Classic Aviars. What are some of the differences? I have tried P2's but they seem to be a little to deep for my hands

Thanks!

Classic Aviars are softer, but not floppy by any means. Same mold as McPros.

If you want a McPro substitute for a fraction of the cost, pick up a Soft Warlock from Gateway.

Hello,

I am currently putting with 2018 Mcpro Aviars and I am wanting to make the switch to the Classic Aviars. What are some of the differences? I have tried P2's but they seem to be a little to deep for my hands

Thanks!

I believe current McPro Aviars are based on the Aviar P&A mold, while the Classic Aviars are based on the older mold that was used for the Aviar Driver, etc. The Classic Aviar is not as overstable as the McPro Aviars; the Classic Aviar putts straighter for longer.

As to the plastics, McPro Aviar is extremely similar to KC Pro (some say it's the same stuff, and today it may be). My McPro Aviars are not this year's batch, and are very firm and slick (which I like). My Classic Aviars are basic DX plastic, which is okay. I like P2s in (normal) Pro plastic, myself.

If you think the P2s are too deep, you may experience the same problem with the McPro Aviars and the Classic Aviars. But they're cheap in DX, so get one and see how you like it.

Not quite, McPros are Aviar Putt and Approach mold in KC plastic.

The main difference is that McPros have more low speed stability than classics, but the classics are pretty high speed stable.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Its boiling down to the Classic and the DX Aviar. I am assuming both molds are in DX and they are both beadless correct?

Both beadless, yes. I have found some variation in how stiff the DX Classics can be. The shamrock Classic Aviars that were ran for example, feel very stiff, very KC Pro-like. DX Classics are great, McPros are great, can't go wrong.

Both beadless, yes. I have found some variation in how stiff the DX Classics can be. The shamrock Classic Aviars that were ran for example, feel very stiff, very KC Pro-like. DX Classics are great, McPros are great, can't go wrong.

Agree. They're all good. It's going to come down to personal preference, what works best for the individual. :thmbup:

Not quite, McPros are Aviar Putt and Approach mold in KC plastic.

The main difference is that McPros have more low speed stability than classics, but the classics are pretty high speed stable.

What's the difference in the mold between Classic and Putt and Approach? Both beadless.

What's the difference in the mold between Classic and Putt and Approach? Both beadless.

I've always thought the Classic had a slightly higher shoulder...aside from that they look like the same disc.

I've always thought the Classic had a slightly higher shoulder...aside from that they look like the same disc.

There's definitely a difference in the shoulder. In my hand, it feels slightly lower profile than an Aviar PnA.

If you want a McPro substitute for a fraction of the cost, pick up a Soft Warlock from Gateway.

I have a classic XXL stamped in star plastic. It's the softest putter I've ever thrown this side of a gateway 4S. Still somehow has backbone and is not floppy but suuuuper soft/gummy nonetheless.

2017 McPro on the left, classic aviar on the right. Sorry for the crappy picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20180718_193056.jpg
    IMG_20180718_193056.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 113
I've only ever had a KC Aviar crack, so far so good with the McPros. I know the plastic is the same, so it was just wrong place wrong time for the KC ��

I find the flight plate on the Aviar P&A's to be more flexible than the Classic Aviars. If you want a stiffer disc, go with the classic Aviar. McPro's are even stiffer still.