• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Lycan

Via Dave on PDGA board:

...We were talking about replacing the Coyote on the chart with the new Lycan, because the present chart doesn't have room for both...

If they are trying to avoid overlap, there is a lot they could get rid of. Not that I want them to.

See the chart here from Reddit (see chart here to match the colors). A lot of overlap.

honestly if you look at the chart without the lycan in it.. there's a huge gap between the mako and cobra, it would make sense for something to fill that void.

Dave D said:
The Coyote is more similar to the Mako than the Lycan although the current flight numbers are the same for both the Coyote and Lycan. I would place the Lycan closer to the Shark than the Coyote.

ffffuu10.jpg

just because they land in the same spot does not mean they overlap!

If they are trying to avoid overlap, there is a lot they could get rid of. Not that I want them to.

See the chart here from Reddit (see chart here to match the colors). A lot of overlap.

Each disc has unique flight characteristics and just because they land in the same spot does not mean they are the same. Each disc has its own unique flight path. which can come in handy when you have a tree in you flight path for one disc and not for another.

Innova has stated in several places (facebook, etc) that the coyote isn't going anywhere. The rumor was created by the new flight-path chart that they released that had a disc named 'Lycan' in place of the Coyote.

I think in that Dave D quote he did say that the Coyote might be moving to the factory store...

Innova has stated in several places (facebook, etc) that the coyote isn't going anywhere. The rumor was created by the new flight-path chart that they released that had a disc named 'Lycan' in place of the Coyote.

Dunipsce said they were going to continue to make the coyote available (probably in the factory store) but that lycan would be replacing it on their chart.

To me, this is a "kind and gentle" way of deleting the coyote (and selling off current slow moving stock).
In a few years, they will be like ontario champ cobras.

I say hoard away if you like them

I think in that Dave D quote he did say that the Coyote might be moving to the factory store...

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1084569#post1084569

Via Dave on PDGA board:

That chart was being worked on and shouldn't have been released. We were talking about replacing the Coyote on the chart with the new Lycan, because the present chart doesn't have room for both. The Lycan is a new disc and the Coyote will still be available. We haven't decided yet how to deal with the flight charts. Right now, although this is subject to change. We are thinking about having the Coyote available in the Factory Store, and putting the Lycan on the chart. The Coyote is more similar to the Mako than the Lycan although the current flight numbers are the same for both the Coyote and Lycan. I would place the Lycan closer to the Shark than the Coyote.

I really like the coyote, but the glow coyote is my go to ultra straight or anny disc. The glows are money. I have a pack and a half.

The Coyote is more similar to the Mako than the Lycan although the current flight numbers are the same for both the Coyote and Lycan. I would place the Lycan closer to the Shark than the Coyote.

Well you see, the Coyote is more similar to the Mako than the Lycan although the Lycan is closer to the Shark than the Coyote, which is actually more like a Cobra than a Spider, which flies more like a Shark than a Kite, which is actually closer to the Coyote.

Vern: Who do you guys think would win in a fight between Lycan and Wiley Coyote?

Teddy: That's easy Vern, kids won't back the Coyote because it is a lowly pet-napping, disease riddled scavenger with a scruffy ass hide. Lycan is a musclebound werewolf!

Vern: Yes...I guess so...be a good fight though!

STAND+BY+ME+DVD+REVIEW+2.jpg

Damn Innova!!!! :mad:

*stocks up on Coyotes*

:\ :(