• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Rat..

Sounds like some more recent runs of these could fill the somewhat hard to come by "massive HSS, mellow LSS, faster than a Rhyno" slot

Sounds like some more recent runs of these could fill the somewhat hard to come by "massive HSS, mellow LSS, faster than a Rhyno" slot

I only have the Proto Star rat and love it but it doesn't really have a place in my bag. It's very much like a soft neutron or plasma Envy which I took out a while ago. I'm not sure it would be my first choice for many of the shots it would cover.

That sounds good. Now if they would run it in dx or xt, I would try one.

I picked up a Rat because I thought it would be a slow, stable disc with a lot of fade at the end. Mine never seemed to have the fade I wanted though, and now I throw a Caiman instead. I liked how the Rat flew, but it wasn't what I thought it would be.

Are the Shimmer Star Rats more OS? I'd like to try it again since I really like the feel in my hand.

And I'd definitely pick up another in XT.

I picked up a Rat because I thought it would be a slow, stable disc with a lot of fade at the end. Mine never seemed to have the fade I wanted though, and now I throw a Caiman instead. I liked how the Rat flew, but it wasn't what I thought it would be.

Are the Shimmer Star Rats more OS? I'd like to try it again since I really like the feel in my hand.

And I'd definitely pick up another in XT.

I had the same problem with the Rat that I tried out. It just wouldn't get the fade I was looking for. Bought a Zone and never looked back.

I'm backhand dominant and rarely throw sidearm unless I am scrambling or throwing a forehand up. I've been using berg/zone/mortars for this slot. I recently got a jawbreaker zone hoping that it would be less stable and maybe take a little less power for longer forehand upshots. Out of the box it ended up being more stable than expected. I could continue to beat it up and see how it seasons. However I just started thinking that throwing all these OS molds exclusively for my forehand probably isn't great for my form.

Now I'm starting to look at similar discs that are slightly less stable. I was going to start bagging a suspect but since its OOP I don't want to. Thinking about picking up another rat to try out for this use or just working exclusively on backhand upshots.

I'm backhand dominant and rarely throw sidearm unless I am scrambling or throwing a forehand up. I've been using berg/zone/mortars for this slot. I recently got a jawbreaker zone hoping that it would be less stable and maybe take a little less power for longer forehand upshots. Out of the box it ended up being more stable than expected. I could continue to beat it up and see how it seasons. However I just started thinking that throwing all these OS molds exclusively for my forehand probably isn't great for my form.

Now I'm starting to look at similar discs that are slightly less stable. I was going to start bagging a suspect but since its OOP I don't want to. Thinking about picking up another rat to try out for this use or just working exclusively on backhand upshots.

I mean you could get a rat and use it. Or just smack that zone into a few trees hard and it will be less stable. The zone also is easier to throw forehand because it is shallower.

Too bad the Suspect goes OOp, because it's the best for this slot. The Rat has a sharper edge, so for me it didn't feel comfortable - for flicks atleast.

Last edited:
Anyone throwing all the different runs of the rat? Put one of my color glows in a Kansas swamp and I don't trust what Was living in there to wade in. The color glow run was my favorite release of a disc in a long time. They seem to be hard to find though. Looking to find the next best thing.

DGU just released my Rat stamp for my Undead series. I had never thrown a Rat before... I actually really like it. It is like my beloved sligthly beat DX Rhyno without a thumtrac. And healthier fade. I can definitely find a use for these :)
rat-photo-small.jpg

I originally didn't like the Rat because it's not as OS as I had hoped. So I got a Zone and it fills that gap perfectly. However, I've recently been using the Rat as a stable approach/driving putter and it's been fantastic in that role. Anyone else like the Rat off the tee?

I originally didn't like the Rat because it's not as OS as I had hoped. So I got a Zone and it fills that gap perfectly. However, I've recently been using the Rat as a stable approach/driving putter and it's been fantastic in that role. Anyone else like the Rat off the tee?

Off the tee is where I thought I would use it but just never do. I pulled the Envy out of my bag a while ago. It seemed I wanted something shorter and more OS or a touch longer on so many shorts I through the Envy. It's weird I replaced it with Harps in two plastics and a midrange but that's what happened. To me the Rat is so similar to the Envy I have a couple of the proto star and love them but they didn't stick in my bag for the same reason I took the envy out. It's too long for the holes I drive a harp and it doesn't quite do what I want when I drive a stable mid. I love the disc off the tee. But just don't use it.

Love my beat pro d Zones and thought this could give me a similar flight in premium plastic. Not even close. My pro d Zones still have way more HSS than a brand new max weight Star Rat. As do my Electron Envies. The Rat could definitely make someone a good stable approach disc but I couldn't find a place in my bag for it.

Love my beat pro d Zones and thought this could give me a similar flight in premium plastic. Not even close. My pro d Zones still have way more HSS than a brand new max weight Star Rat. As do my Electron Envies. The Rat could definitely make someone a good stable approach disc but I couldn't find a place in my bag for it.

I also thought the Rat was going to be very different from what it actually ended up being.

I like the disc, but since I carry a small bag most of the time, it couldn't unseat my Rhyno for the flight I was looking for.

the closest disc to a Zone that a company makes in flight is not a Rat, that is only feels closest to a Zone; the closest disc to a Zone in flight is actually a Cayman or a Metal flake Gator with a flat top/Champion Gator 3.

the closest disc to a Zone that a company makes in flight is not a Rat, that is only feels closest to a Zone; the closest disc to a Zone in flight is actually a Cayman or a Metal flake Gator with a flat top/Champion Gator 3.

Where do you get all this inside info? Is Dave D one of your uncles? Not saying you're wrong but you're like the TMZ of DGCR.

Latest posts