• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Roger

Looks like we have turned this into the "Airplane" thread. For you young guys, "Airplane" as a really silly movie that came out in the late 70's. All these quotes are from the movie.

"Surley you are joking? No, I am not joking, and quit calling me Shirley".

Looks like we have turned this into the "Airplane" thread. For you young guys, "Airplane" as a really silly movie that came out in the late 70's. All these quotes are from the movie.

How dare you assume that us in your 20's might not have seen Airplane. It is 100x better then the movies in that Genre that are around today.

otto+from+airplane.JPG

...but I'd give it all up tommorrow to be back on the circuit riding motocross.

Same genre, different movie.

"Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
Do you like movies about gladiators? "

What if you secretly watched the animated He-Man series as a teen? Thundar? WWF?

Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle, it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Past the Teebird?

At least not now. I heard they changed the Beast at some point because of an overlap with another disc or something.

It wasn't that different, same speed just more stable. It was too close to the orc, so they retooled it to make it more understable.

I just wanted to tellyou both good luck, we're all counting on you.

I just want to tell you both good luck, we're all counting on you.

I have to admit... I have NO BUSINESS buying this disc. NONE. I shouldn't even use it to eat a snack off of.

But I might buy one.

\/\/

What's your clearance, Clarence?:D

Backhanded, I'd agree with you. However, I can turn a 174g Star Boss if I throw it Forehanded. A straighter forehand driver with a big right skip, yeah, I'll prolly get suckered.

Just get a Champ 175g to fix this problem, or throw an Xcal.:)

I honeslty cannot see how any legal disc can ever be faster than a Boss. I mean rim thickness can only get so big, especially for FH throwers. :eek:

The only thing that sucks is that everyone will have to try Roger just to see for themselves. And it just another mold you have to get familar with. :cool:

That can't be the name, it just can't be. What's next, the Innova Fred?

surely you can't be serious..i am serious, and don't call me surely..hey joey, do you like it when your dog rubs up and down on your leg? roger, roger..cleared for clearance, clarence..what's our vector, victor?

Last edited:
This just in, We got a message from the Head Quarters

What is it?

Its a place where all the generals meet. But thats not important now

what is it?

Its the place in front of the plane where the pilots are. But thats not important now

I don't know about the Roger, but I just came across this on the PDGA website.

I have been testing the Katana over the weekend. It has more turn than the Groove in Pro driver plastic, which is what has been made so far, along with test shots of Champion and R-Pro.

So far, the Pro Katanas look pretty good for distance challenged throwers, hyzer flip at less than max power, and power rollers. Power rollers can throw flat to slightly turned over and let the disc do the work. Power throwers should probably pass on this disc except for specific uses such as high turnovers and rollers.

The Katana in all three plastics tested so far is more speed sensitive than all of our other high speed drivers. This basically means it will flip considerably more into the wind than down wind. The R-Pro Katana is flippier than the R-Pro Boss and flippier than the Pro Katana, so it probably won't go into general production. The relative wind speed sensitivity makes assigning a turn number a little challenging, but for 400+ft throwers the turn for Pro will be at least a -3. For 350 ft max throwers, the turn will be less, (except into a wind). And, I don't recommend throwing these into a wind. Tentative flight numbers are: 13, 5, -3, 3.

Testing of normal Champion was unimpressive, compared to Pro, but the addition of the stabilizing process might change that. Though we haven't tested it in Starlight as yet, I believe that will prove successful.

The Pro will probably come out at the end of the year in general release. Before then, a limited amount of Pro, and a very limited amount of Champion and R-Pro will be available through Herodiscusa as a fundraiser for the Japan Open.

Jason w/ Action Sportz
www.stores.ebay.com/Action-Sportz-Disc-Golf