• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Innova Tern vs. Prodigy D3

I'm curious, is the Discraft Crank at all comparable to the Champ Tern and D3?

Give the westside king a shot in tourney plastic. Very easy to turnover and really fast. Its for sure the fastest understable driver I have thrown. Very easy to throw a really long way!!

A friend of mine recently introduced me to the Prodigy line up. The first disc I tried was a D4 and was a bit too flippy for my liking. Then I tried out the D3 and it was love at first throw. This thing might be the biggest bomber for throwing golf lines with of any disc I have ever thrown. My previously longest throw was with a Glow Z-Nuke and it measured out at 430ft. The D3 has already flown past that by 23 feet. Now granted that is putting both nuts into the throw, but none the less...it was a bomb for me. I can consistently out throw Destroyers, Terns and Forces with the D3. I just got in a couple of 400G D3's today and can't wait to take them out to the practice field for a session this weekend (Provided it isn't too cold out).

My proto d3= OS like a nuke os. Maybe inbetween a nuke and nuke os. My proto d1 and d2 were both more understable than my d3, so maybe my experience isnt the norm.
Champ tern= very neutral and slower. Maybe a touch faster and longer than prodigy's F3.

My D3 was Nuke OS overstable as well until I ground the flashing off on a teepad. Made a HUGE difference... now it bombs.

Yeah i had a d3 that flew like my D1's and it didnt have any extra flashing..

Still looking to try a good D3.

I love my terns. I have a D4 and its def more stable. I havent thrown a D5 but surely it has to be closer to the tern. My D4 has a more stable flight and considerably more fade at the end.

Yeah i had a d3 that flew like my D1's and it didnt have any extra flashing..

Still looking to try a good D3.

This is what I'm experiencing. Currently the D3 is a little more understable than my D1 but at first I honestly thought I was throwing the same disc. For me the Tern was too flippy and then when I tried to hyzerflip it I couldn't get it to flip up. Was a little too touchy for me and I traded it.

Latest posts