• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova: Tops n Bottoms

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Can we get a comprehensive list of what are the actual tops and bottoms for each disc. Can we simply get this info somewhere on one thread. Innova or Innova related companies only.

For Instance:
Rhyno=Birdie Top + Aviar BB bottom? (might be wrong but you get the idea)

I hope some knowledgeable folks can get this list looking good...I'm lost and think it would help me understand discs much better

Gremlin, Gator, Kite, and Panther all have the same top.

Gremlin and Gator have the same top and bottom, Gator has a spacer to make it taller.

So a Gator is just a taller Gremlin

What bottom do the panther and Kite have because the glide difference from a Gator to a Kite is about as dramatic as it gets

I agree.....this thread needs some more input...I suspect it's because there are only 3 people on earth who know the answers

This is a deep topic. It's not so much the parts and what mold they're famous for, but how those parts interact to make a disc perform. Flagship uses of mold parts are often, however, and indicator of that part's strengths.

Top's characteristics in relation to a variety of nose styles. Wing's characteristics in relation to nose and top. Core's effect on wing/top characteristics. It's all a balance and I've only got an abstract grasp on it.

Even though it's something I've studied for years it's not something I'm comfortable showing up and saying "Here's the knowledge."

Disc designers would have real insight, and they'd be justified in not wanting to share it.

I just wanna know the tops and bottoms

from there the science discussion can proceed but just knowing the tops and bottoms is what I am after

I would be interested in this if just to know what wings/rims/beads would fit my throwing style(s).