• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Vulcan approved

We were unloading our bags today on the 18th hole into a mild headwind and my brother handed me a 162 vulcan. I had never tried it before so I thought i would give it a shot. He told me to throw it with some hyzer. I typically only drive about 280ish (which was the distance of the basket on 18 anyway) but I overshot it by a good 70 feet. By far the best throw I have ever had. It feels about as flippy as my GL visions but a lot faster.

Im going to give it a try again next time. I think it was a total fluke....

I too have only thrown it a few times, buddy has a 171. That was my first feeling was that it was a faster vision...

Doubt I will snag one because I can throw the pants off my vision, don't really need something faster at the moment

Ewww...as flippy as a Vision? The Vision is the only disc that I've ever considered too flippy "out of the box."

Ewww...as flippy as a Vision? The Vision is the only disc that I've ever considered too flippy "out of the box."

Just noodle arm it like me ha ha

Its funny. If i try to throw it really hard it flips but if i throw it about 70% power or so it does a nice hyzer flip and goes further than all my other discs (275-300)

I could easily see it being too flippy for people who don't throw like a 14yo girl ha ha

I like to tell myself its due to the altitude (about 4400 feet)

If it does fly like a faster valk id like to throw one for the hell of it. I know it wouldn't make my bag, because I don't need a faster valk. I honestly don't need anything faster than a valk. My ce valks handle the wind pretty well. Just curious to see how flippy this thing really is.

I played with a guy with pretty solid power and he probably had to put it on about a 4-5 o'clock hyzer,and it still flipped up to the left(lefty thrower)pretty hard.

Little update...

After throwing my brothers a few times i went out and bought my own. its a 163. I have been throwing it very consistently out to 310-350 range. I keep thinking its a fluke but it keeps happening. I throw my visions 280-300 or so.

I began overshooting many of the 280-300ish holes with it that used to be my max distance. Now I am actually reaching some of the longer holes (310-330 on flat ground and up to 350-360 on a slight downward slope).

I know many of you would say not to use it since im not that good yet and to some extent i would agree with you. I still use my vision when i need accuracy but when i get to a wide open 350 foot hole I would much rather go for the birdie then par. It typically can get me 30-50 feet more than any other driver I have thrown.

This is all from a noodle arm in high elevation. I throw the vulcan at a 9 o clock hyzer and it flips up and flies straight for a real long time and it gently fades at the very end. It throws just like my vision and I would say the are quite comparable in terms of stability. The Vulcan just likes to go a little further.

This is all from a noodle arm in high elevation. I throw the vulcan at a 9 o clock hyzer and it flips up and flies straight for a real long time and it gently fades at the very end. It throws just like my vision and I would say the are quite comparable in terms of stability. The Vulcan just likes to go a little further.

oops, I meant 8 o clock

Latest posts