• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova's new Speed 14 Driver-Innova Wahoo

Is the name so horrible? I mean, it's not a mythological creature or some blood-and-guts reference, but since a wahoo is one of the fastest swimming fish, maybe they opted to get away from the wierd stuff and resort to some of the older-type names.

From the numbers, though, it looks like a beat in Destroyer. I wouldn't want it in rPro but in Star it could be a winner.

image-wahoo.jpg

wahoo.jpg

It's one fast fish!

I dont mind innova bringing out newer faster discs but atleast produce them in premium plastic first so the flight ratings are what people expect them to be or change the ratings based on weight and plastic. A 160 r-pro boss is entirely different from a 175 star and so on.

might be nice to have a floater driver other than a 150 dragon

I don't think whoever dives this place returns discs

Attachments

• 51c6065d.jpg
    51c6065d.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 34
I'm glad they named it the ...although hearing all the crying and moaning about this disc before one person has even held one I think the "Waaaa boooo Hoooo" might be more appropriate.

I predict it will be a solid disc and a solid seller.

I dont mind innova bringing out newer faster discs but atleast produce them in premium plastic first so the flight ratings are what people expect them to be or change the ratings based on weight and plastic. A 160 r-pro boss is entirely different from a 175 star and so on.

I agree although I think the point was to make a stable fast floater so star and champ might not be options?

I agree although I think the point was to make a stable fast floater so star and champ might not be options?

I believe that you are correct. The naming convention suggests that this disc is designed to be water-bound, so this is likely the only plastic/weight combination that we can expect.

I believe that you are correct. The naming convention suggests that this disc is designed to be water-bound, so this is likely the only plastic/weight combination that we can expect.

Jerome: "Look at all those Lily Pads in the Pond?"

Brian: "those are not Lily Pads those are Wahoos!"

Indiana University always has a great swimming team, perhaps nicknamed the Wahoosiers? ;)

I love DG, I love fish, I love R-pro, soooo i'm gonna have to get one of these babys.

It seems to be this is the time of year that Innova is starting to test everything they want to have ready for the Japan Open. This was the time last year they came out with the Katana as as fundraiser for the JO. The problem was that disc was too heavy for Japanese regulations until they started getting it down with the Pro version (I have seen low 160s in Pros, did they ever get it sub 160g?). It might have been on the PDGA boards but I thought I remember somewhere that Dave at Innova wanted to start producing a high speed disc that was more about glide than sheer power like the R-Pro Boss that would be legal in Japan. The Dragon is too understable and predictable in the openness of the JO. A faster disc like the Wahoo would take a little more power to get it up to proper gliding speed, making it more controllable until it reaches those with the big arms.

My guess is that he has every intention of releasing it in the higher end plastics either when they can figure out how to get the weight down and or when it is thoroughly tested by the players and the players demand a slightly more stable version of it. I am not sure this is exactly how it went down with the ESP Nuke, but it sure seemed like that once people started complaining that the ESP Nuke could be a little flippy in certain situations that the Z Nuke came out, and then the Crystal Nuke and the Z Nuke+.